What sort of car would Bugatti's Head of Design drive?

Associate
Ultimately you'd think it would be a Bugatti of some sort right? No, he drives a 1981 Porsche 911.

This one is completely gutted and all of the removable panels – trunk, bonnet, doors, front fenders, etc. – are all made from Kevlar. Yeah, you read that right: Kevlar! He also cleaned up the engine bay a little bit and replaced the windows with plastic, which brings the 911’s weight down to a svelte 820 kg (1,807 pounds).

Unfortunately, Anscheidt didn’t let us in on the 911’s performance numbers, but we’ll just assume it’s pretty dang fast.

Now if you were in his shoes, what would it be? A bugatti or a 1981 911.

With an option of only these two, definitely the Bugatti. I've never been a huge fan of Porsche, but I have taken a liking to their latest releases.

Soldato
I've watched the vid on his car, and I absolutely love it. It's just so pure and perfect, although I would still have a hot/cold blower of some sort in it.

Caporegime
Ultimately you'd think it would be a Bugatti of some sort right? No, he drives a 1981 Porsche 911.

Now if you were in his shoes, what would it be? A bugatti or a 1981 911.

With an option of only these two, definitely the Bugatti. I've never been a huge fan of Porsche, but I have taken a liking to their latest releases.

Which Bugatti should he be driving?

Soldato
Well there isn't that many to choose from as far as I'm aware. Bugatti SS, standard Bugatti Veyron or Bugatti Veyron SS? :confused:

They only do different models of Veyron, right? Which start at a million euros to buy, yeah he's probably on decent money as the head designer, but I don't understand why you assume he'd be able to afford it to buy and run one.

Permabanned
Can anyone explain the use of kevlar to me like I'm five? When people say kevlar I immediately think bullet proof vests... how does it work in terms of body panels? And why would you choose kevlar over carbon fibre?

Back
Top Bottom