• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

FarCry 3 stutter in SLI

Caporegime
Just watched this vid and have to agree with this guy about the micro stutter in this game. Mine isn't as bad as that (I have toned settings down) but it is similar to the AMD stutter that is showing.

If I turn settings up, I get it the same as what is being shown in the top vid. Is anyone else getting this with single/SLI/CF/1080P+ resolutions? I have tried numerous fixes but it is still quite noticable (not a game breaker) and would love to have this game as smooth as my others.

Soldato
Game feels awful even with 60-90 FPS as I do (Ultra preset with HDAO on; MSAA 2x; and some more mish mash settings).

Fairly sure it's refreshing at only 60 Hz but no way I can tell to force 120 Hz. It just feels really sluggish even with vsync off.

Morale of the story: game is fantastic but even without the microstutter you aren't going to find it overly pleasurable IMO.

Soldato
Game is completely unplayable for me, 7970 CF.

Have tried all sorts of settings as well as radeonpro just nothing works despite hitting over 100 fps @ 1080/120hz

I've given up for now, not even going to try again any time soon. It can wait.

Caporegime
OP
Nice to see a few of us GPU freaks can't get it to run smooth. With lower settings and 80-90fps it should be feeling very smooth but sadly it isn't.

Damned game is addictive though and such a spoiler for a great game :(

Caporegime
OP
Exactly why I'm waiting for it to be fixed, I don't want what should be a simple fix to ruin this for me, especially as far cry 2 sucked so much

"Far Cry 2: Oh look we made fire in a video game!!"

I should have waited but my damned curiosity got the better of me and before you know it, I was stuttering along for hours at a time :p

Soldato
Pffft borderlands 2 for goty, any game that's pulled over 100 hours of my time and still keeps me coming back wins for me.

Saying that it helps to have had a real play on fc3 before deciding...

Soldato
Pffft borderlands 2 for goty, any game that's pulled over 100 hours of my time and still keeps me coming back wins for me.

Saying that it helps to have had a real play on fc3 before deciding...

If that's how high the bar is for GOTY...
You could combine all games this year and the total playtime is less than 100 hours lol :(

I'd probably put BL2 though, Steam reckons i've played that 23 hours.

Man of Honour
A GTX 690 came free with your 7970 :D

Yes I have 2 HD 7970s hence the quad sli.:D

On a serious note at some point I want to run Far Cry 3 on my HD 7970s to see if the memory usage goes above 2 gbs per GPU. The highest memory usage I have seen at 1600p before this was BF3 which was about 1800mbs per GPU.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom