• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ASUS 7950 - Audio - music and video audio stuttering

Associate
The seeming final hurdle between this whip and my slave render-queen.

Both W7 and ATI 'High Definition Audio Driver' via HDMI is stuttering horribly apart from in games. The sound is dis-contiguous every 2 or 3 seconds, depending on some unknown. I have browsed the web and am yet to find a solution.

Associate
this is a common driver problem, and the amd driver feedback guys said they're working on a fix when i asked. for now the solution is to go to ccc, enable lcd overdrive, then to disable it every time you reboot. you might also find success in increasing 2d clocks for the card by a few hundred mhz.

Associate
OP
I run a song in Spotify or Youtube, the stutter exists. I then play a song from Spotify and Youtube and the stutter goes away, i can then stop one player and as long as the Youtube Tab is left untouched the stutter goes away.

EDIT: Does anybody know where i can get the AMD High Definition Audio drivers from the 12.3C package?

Last edited:
Associate
I had the same problem and the LCD overdrive thing stopped working for me a few releases ago. Try this...

Open regedit and find
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Video\{XXXX...}\0000
( 'XXXX' means device number. There are several device number folder and u should find 'AdapterDesc' in 0000 folder which key value is 'amd radeon HD 7XXX Series'. )

At that '0000' folder, Change 'PP_SclkDeepSleepDisable REG_DWORD' value 0 to 1.
and reboot~!~!~!

It worked for me.

Soldato
Are you sure that the Audio driver actually installed when you installed 13.1? I've heard from three people that have had this problem, and has caused something similar to what you are describing.

To check, go to uninstall programs>AMD Catalyst Install Manager>Uninstall Manager>Custom. If there is no HDMI Audio driver, the fix which worked for me is this http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18431335

Associate
OP
I had the same problem and the LCD overdrive thing stopped working for me a few releases ago. Try this...

Open regedit and find
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Video\{XXXX...}\0000
( 'XXXX' means device number. There are several device number folder and u should find 'AdapterDesc' in 0000 folder which key value is 'amd radeon HD 7XXX Series'. )

At that '0000' folder, Change 'PP_SclkDeepSleepDisable REG_DWORD' value 0 to 1.
and reboot~!~!~!

It worked for me.

This resolved the issue, but it bothers me that i can't use the deep sleep feature so i'm unlikely to keep it. Thx.

Are you sure that the Audio driver actually installed when you installed 13.1? I've heard from three people that have had this problem, and has caused something similar to what you are describing.

To check, go to uninstall programs>AMD Catalyst Install Manager>Uninstall Manager>Custom. If there is no HDMI Audio driver, the fix which worked for me is this http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18431335

The Windows7 equivalent is installed of the driver is installed and makes the same problem. With regards to the tutorial i have already done it.

Back
Top Bottom