Reason with me?

Soldato
I always had fast ish cars and now i have got kids i'm thinking time to calm down until my mid life crisis which will be a R34/R35.

Im used to these 2
IMAG0138.jpg

DSCF2762.jpg

Now I'm thinking of the below but i cant decide on pros and cons, i will not be modding the next car which is why i want some poke, nothings going to match a 500hp skyline but 200-300hp should be ok.....
Budget say 10k

Ford ST220
Honda type R
Focus RS
Volvo s40 R design
Golf GTI

Last edited:
Man of Honour
5 door Golf GTI. No it's not a patch on what you've had but for all round ability it's still a nice car. Speaking as a dad 5 doors saves so much trouble when you have kids.

Sorry to break the bad news :(

Soldato
Would have thought the s40 t5R isnt fast enough? Only 180hp... The boot on the v50 is much easier though

You are right that it doesnt seem to fit along the others but its actually the t5 that hes talking about which is circa 225bhp (same as focus ST)

R-design is just a trim level not to be confused with actual "R" cars.

Although maybe a bit out there, the s60r is 300bhp and pretty damn cheap.

Associate
Mazda 6 MPS - Bit of a sleeper looks wise but should go OK.
Vauxhall Vectra VXR - OK it doesn't go around corners but its got a punchy engine too.

I'm currently looking at these types of cars myself but someone I know where I work has an Audi A4 1.8t (190) s-line with only 60k on the clocks up for sale. It is really tidy and for £500 I can up the power to 220hp which will do me. Just not the most involved car to drive apparently but I'm not that fussed about that so much these days.

Soldato
OP
Wouldn't running the scooby alone do pretty much everything you want, or have you heavily modded it?

Yeah just bit , prob 12 mpg and £ 500 A year tax, some good ideas that I didt think of in this thread thanks guys, I'm not set on 200hp or more just something that's has poke, just need to calm down on car running costs are concentrate on the family for a bit :)

Back
Top Bottom