What liquid do air dusters have inside them?

Associate
Does anybody know the liquid inside of a can of air. For example if you spray a can of compressor air what is the liquid-nitrogen like substance that comes out of it? I know it's not liquid nitrogen but it is extremely useful, I can almost remember the name of the liquid based around deuthrane or something, at least beginning with a D.

Does anyone know where I can get this liquid in 10-20 400ml cans and such?

Associate
OP
Oh OK.

Is it possible to buy just difluroethene then? Where can I get a hold of this?

EDIT: holy crap! I just googled that chemical and it turns out to be a legal high method! Lots of people have died from inhaling these, but on purpose with plastic bags etc... If I used this substance in my room, and just generally inhaled it would I be a victim of acute poisoning too?

Do you recommend I wear a face mask or something when working with this substance?

Also: Just found out that my air duster is "HFC free", does this mean it is non-toxic to inhale and as such won't give me any problems when being used?

Last edited:

RJC

RJC

Don
HFC'S contribute to global warming, the canister means it has a safer method of expelling the contents, same in under arm deodorants which used to use CFC's.

Back
Top Bottom