• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Someone got the Radeon R9 290 by mistake 'primouf' OCUK

Soldato
The 290 would be much more "bang for bucks" than the 290x anyway.

primouf if you are keeping the card, then you should still chase whoever he bought from for refund of the price difference.

Soldato
"Of course there wouldn’t be a point of being member of Overclockers UK forums if he didn’t run some tests."

Why wasn't he purchasing one from OCUK!
I know which french retailer too.

Looks like GPU-Z needs an update as the memory bandwidth and Texture fillrate is way way off the pace and memory size 0mb !

Last edited:
Associate
The 290 would be much more "bang for bucks" than the 290x anyway.

primouf if you are keeping the card, then you should still chase whoever he bought from for refund of the price difference.

i would love to, but as the 290 aint out yet and we don't know the price, How will they refund me the difference :confused:

i'm sure this retailer is still selling 290 at 290x prices...

Soldato
i would love to, but as the 290 aint out yet and we don't know the price, How will they refund me the difference :confused:

i'm sure this retailer is still selling 290 at 290x prices...
Contact them and see what they say. They might rather just refund you the price difference (after 290 is officially launch), considering it doesn't benefit them to have to pay for the return postage (they have to, since it's their screw up) as well as taking back an opened and used item.

Back
Top Bottom