• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Mini Test - Artic Cooling Accelero Hybrid VGA cooler

Permabanned
Right guys, last week I made a thread asking if OCUK could get some of these units in and they did :D

These are all in one water coolers but not for a CPU, but for your GPU.

They also perform amazingly well but when they released they were plagued by a stupidly high price tag, often £140+

Because of this it was actually cheaper to buy an all in one CPU cooler like an Antec Kuhler 620 or a Corsair H80 and use those with a custom made bracket.

That is now not the case as OCUK have these bad boys listed for £75! Now at this price they're actually cheaper then using the custom bracket method.

I'm not going to go into great detail about the unit, the box and the installation as there's plenty of reviews that cover that.

I used a copper shim on my MSI Twin Frozr 3 7950 and used thermal pads instead of thermal glue to secure the VRAM and VRM sinks.

Due to the way the stock cooling plate is on the Twin Frozr 3 it's not possible to use it in conjunction with the Accelero.

It might however work with stock cooling plates on other 7950's, looking at pictures of the HIS IceQ turbo 7950 that's so popular around here it would in fact fit that card without having to remove it. But as the main heat sink on the HIS also cools the VRAM you'll atleast have to secure VRAM sinks to the card.

Assembly and installation wasn't that bad.

Anyway....

Here's the unit on my 7950 and installed in my case...
IMG_20131103_202456.jpg

It's secured to the front of my case ( Fractal Design Midi R2 ) with 2x 120mm Arctic Cooling F12 fans running at 7v

I don't have any shots of the temperatures my card ran at with the stock cooler but temperatures averaged between 65-70c with VRM temperatures roughly around the same. The card was very noisy at this temperature with the stock cooler.

Anyway, ambient temperature is 22c ( Other half has the central heating on )

The idle temps the card now runs at ( 30 Mins idle )
Idle+Temps.PNG

Load temps ( 30 mins Valley Benchmark Loop )
Load+temps.PNG

Temperatures are good and low, remember fans are at 7v only! Running them at 12v reduces temperatures to 48-49c at the cost of noise ( Although still quieter then stock cooler )

VRM temperatures are also stupidly low!!

Overal very impressed for £75! Everything you need in a single box ( Bar a 99p copper shim ) to cool pretty much any GPU you have at present or future.

The thing is SILENT as well..... In fact the nosiest thing in my PC is the noise from the pumps!

Last edited:
Caporegime
Good results mate. Your stock voltage looks like overkill for only 960 core. I bet you could lower that voltage a fair bit if you run those clocks normally.

Permabanned
OP
I run a modded BIOS normally, I'll run tests on that later on today and post the results up of how it handles over clocks!

Just nice to play BF or Crysis 3 without hearing a jet engine taking off :D

Permabanned
OP
Here you go boys and girls :)

Card is flashed with a custom BIOS with the following;

- Core voltage set to 1.25v ( Which peaked at 1.232v )
- Core speed set to 1150Mhz
- Memory speed set to 1400Mhz

Test ran for 30 mins on a continuous loop
OCLoadtemps.png~original

Temperatures rose by 6c with the extra voltage and overclock, I would add though that it's hot as hell in my man cave as yet the again the other half has the central heating on and it's easily 23c+ in the room.

The fans on the radiator were still kept at 7v for this test so the unit is still quiet, in fact I can hear the pump noise over the fans!

Last edited:
Associate
ive been waiting for someone to do this on the 290x.... I really want to get one for my 290x and gibbo said he was going to test it on one..... and he has not which makes me really disappointed

Permabanned
OP
To be honest I think if it can keep a 1.25v 7950 around 60c wth slow fan speeds it might be ok on a 290X

The unit is rated for 320w of cooling.

ASUS also used an all in one similar to this on the ARES 2 and that radiator has to cool 2 GPU's!

Order one, try it and if you're not happy send it back under the DSR

Soldato
ive been waiting for someone to do this on the 290x.... I really want to get one for my 290x and gibbo said he was going to test it on one..... and he has not which makes me really disappointed

Actually, it was rjkoneil who said he was going to test them. Gibbo said he has no plans to test these.

@almighty
You might want to resize those pics or put them in spoiler tags before a mod does something about it :)

Pretty decent results btw.

Associate
Looking at those results they don't seem that great in comparison to my IceQ, mine idels at around 22-24 and load temp of 65

1000/1300

I can see it being an advantage for people with normal direct cooling cards but even then with a good intake of cool air temps will still be low on a gpu :/

Permabanned
OP
Looking at those results they don't seem that great in comparison to my IceQ, mine idels at around 22-24 and load temp of 65

1000/1300

I can see it being an advantage for people with normal direct cooling cards but even then with a good intake of cool air temps will still be low on a gpu :/

I bet this is a lot quieter then your IceQ ;)

And what does your card run at when over volted and overclocked?

I hit 10c lower then your card at stock clocks while being completely and utterly silent :D

OcUK Staff

As already mentioned I never said this.

What I do to show you guys I normally do when I can fit it in or I burn the midnight oil in the office, but unfortunately I can't test every cooler and graphics card there is, just not enough time.

Associate
I do apologise.... but until I see a solid review of this on the 290X il hold off on the purchase.

I run a mini-itx case and this would just fit and no more beside my h100 but i really need to see it hammering the temps before i drop the money on it.

just wish i could get rid of this horrendous coil whine on my card

Soldato
I do apologise.... but until I see a solid review of this on the 290X il hold off on the purchase.

I run a mini-itx case and this would just fit and no more beside my h100 but i really need to see it hammering the temps before i drop the money on it.

just wish i could get rid of this horrendous coil whine on my card

If your coil whine is genuinely horrendous and you purchased it from OcUk post in the customer services section they might be able to help you with a possible rma?

Associate
Already spoke to someone from OCUK the answer I got was

"Sadly no the manufacturer doesn't recognise it as a fault and as such neither do we"

When i have my headset on i dont really hear it.... just the misses moans as it drones out the TV haha

Associate
the all in ones are usually done by the fan headers on the motherboard, so the fan on the heatsink would be through the fan header on the gpu, I think the pump is actually powered by a molex connector though if I remember right.

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
The unit is all powered by a molex connector.

The molex goes into the pump and then you have 2 fan headers from the pump to power the radiator fan and the 80mm fan in the shroud

Back
Top Bottom