Cooler Master Elite 120 Advanced Custom Grill

Associate
Just thought I'd share something I've been working on over the past few days.

A few weeks ago I built a little gaming rig with an overclocked 3770K (4.5GHz) using a Corsair H80i as the cooler. However, the temps were less than satisfactory. This was because of very poor airflow with the stock faceplate fitted, which comes with the Elite 120 Advanced.

I decided to cut a hole in the plastic front section of the case, and replace the stock faceplate with a perforated grill instead. A local sheet metal works fabricated me a brushed stainless steel plate with the same pattern holes that are on the lid of the case. This was done on a CNC machine I believe.

I then had to remove the stock faceplate by heating up the adhesive on the back without melting the plastic. I used a heat gun very carefully for this. I then cut a 92mm hole in the plastic front section of the case, offered up the new grill and drilled the 4x M3 fixing holes. I used 4x 5mm M3 stainless steel button cap nuts & bolts to fix the new grill.

I then cut some very thin/small mesh and placed it in between the grill and plastic front section as a dust filter.

Voila...

hwl6.jpg

83xp.jpg

9lcn.jpg

q2jh.jpg

tc2v.jpg

7wbr.jpg

tp79.jpg

nwvf.jpg

Temps are MUCH lower now and I think it looks pretty nice. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom