• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Why is AMD quiet about black screens on 290x?

Mobster
Soldato
This problem is really getting under my skin and starting to **** me off. AMD havent said crap about this problem, nothing, nada. And there seems to be no fixes so far.

Jesus ADGSHAWERHJNSTEGRA christ....

They did a similar stonewalling with the HD79xx locking up WoW issue, just ignored it for a year then randomly fixed it in a driver update but never acknowledged the issue or the fix.

Don't worry im sure it's just a teething thing, if it's a widespread problem it should get fixed.

Most of their customers have convinced themselves that the sun shines out of their backside, the rest stay with NVidia. :p

Email a few popular tech sites and alert them to the problem?

1. I dont want 780tis burning down my house as a result of faulty PCBs.
2. i dont want to pay as much as they demand for the performance.
3. i dont want physx or cuda.
4. Mantle.

They did a similar stonewalling with the HD79xx locking up WoW issue, just ignored it for a year then randomly fixed it in a driver update but never acknowledged the issue or the fix.

Don't worry im sure it's just a teething thing, if it's a widespread problem it should get fixed.

Oh great, so waiting one year isnt that unrealistic?

Great job AMD great job! Maybe i should get GK104 while im at it (Dealing with stupid ****)

7xxx series had the GSOD on launch, AMD pretended to have fixed it via drivers but there were still forums (including their own) full of complaints, I think most people probably got fed up and RMA'd their cards in the end.

7xxx series had the GSOD on launch, AMD pretended to have fixed it via drivers but there were still forums (including their own) full of complaints, I think most people probably got fed up and RMA'd their cards in the end.

Had no issues with my golden 7970. Didnt get it at launch though.

RMA it and everyone else should do the same - with droves of returns back to retailers - then AMD will take notice. What AMD won't take notice off is people whinging on forums.

They're known to ignore issues on launch cards. They can't afford the bad press. There were a lot of underlying hardware level problems with the 5870 which got practically no coverage. They might be the loveable under dog on here, but they're also sly dogs when they need to be.

On the flip side I had no issues with my 290X.

They're known to ignore issues on launch cards. They can't afford the bad press. There were a lot of underlying hardware level problems with the 5870 which got practically no coverage. They might be the loveable under dog on here, but they're also sly dogs when they need to be.

Their beta testers are ****. If 1/4 (if not more) gets these black screens, some even on stock. You KNOW they barely tested these cards. Its stupid, its ****ing me off.

Oh great, so waiting one year isnt that unrealistic?

Great job AMD great job! Maybe i should get GK104 while im at it (Dealing with stupid ****)

same thing happened with my 7970m... it still gives me massive FPS drops in a variety of titles for no readily apparent reason, it also took the best part of a year to get even to the point it is now

similarly I don't want to pay the type of money Nvidia want for mobile gaming (as an upgrade, in hindsight I wish I'd just paid the extra in the first place), so my "gaming laptop" mostly just gets used as a media PC in the living room and I just use my phone and tablet for light gaming out of the house

Back
Top Bottom