Does This look nice at your resolution

Associate
test site is here

http://test.lemonadeindustries.co.uk/

have been doing some hardcore CSS for my first time, and am pretty happy with the result as it looks on my screen.

if it doesn't look nice to you (things over lapping except the text and the banner, that's intentional) and you know more about CSS than I do, then my all means take a look at the source and tell me how i can improve it.

thanks

Soldato
i have 2560x1440 and it looks fairly bad unfortunately. A lot of black space on the site. Here are two images, one is with the window full screen and another is half.

cooQI3Zl.jpg

VDvDWxbl.jpg

Soldato
I don't know the syntax as I am not a Web developer but there is a way to query the display size with css and set different styles for a range of sizes. It's part of responsive Web design so Google that it should help you out:)

Thug
Soldato
1366.768 here.

Looks fine to me, but I'd contain the text in a box or something, because when you scroll down it to read something, it goes over the text (lemonade industries) at the top and makes it look bad as well as being hard to read. :)

Associate
It's media queries to change CSS depending on screen width. Code is

Code:
    @media and screen (max-width:1200px){
        .class{
            height:200px;
        }
    }

What that will do is, whenever the viewport, different to window and screen size, is 1200px or less, then the .class will have a height of 1200px.

You can also do something with jQuery, using jQuery to get the outer width of a fluid container and then with PHP, or I suppose HTML, run different code depending on the width of the container div. Something that I do and find incredibly useful for doing mobile sites from desktop.

I can basically have to completely separate sites without the need to write two sites.

To answer the question about look nice...the design needs considerable work.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom