• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

HIS 290 flashed to 290x

Associate
Has anyone out there tried this? i see the new watercooled cards are pre flashed. I have tryed to flash my his 290 to a 290x but no go. H it may be that i am doing something wrong. After flashing it when i booted into windows and the new hardware installed itself i had a message saying no graphics card was found

OcUK Staff
Has anyone out there tried this? i see the new watercooled cards are pre flashed. I have tryed to flash my his 290 to a 290x but no go. H it may be that i am doing something wrong. After flashing it when i booted into windows and the new hardware installed itself i had a message saying no graphics card was found

The flash would not cause this and yes some of the HIS do unlock. :)

Associate
OP
Have tryed again, no problem this time with the card not being found. The GPU Z reads the core clock as 1000 but no change on the shaders. What do you think, is this one of the cards that will not unlock? could i be doing anything wrong?

Back
Top Bottom