• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

4K gaming possible at full settings on todays hardware?

Caporegime
Sooooo, There I was tracking a parcel (expected Monday) and see it sitting at the depot that is 30 mins drive from me.... I am a kid in a sweetshop with new toys and phoned up FedEX, who said I was more than welcome to come and collect it (Get in!!!)

An hour later and I am back and all set-up.

IMAG0071.jpg

IMAG0073.jpg

I will be giving this Samsung a thorough benching on a Pair of Titan's and a single Titan. Stay tuned (for those who are interested) to see the results of several demanding titles.

All games will be set to max details and I will be using the in-game bench marks if they exist.

Here is my results for testing with all settings set to the max in game.

621b98c806c61a7b78f0da4689774174.jpg

Only a couple of those were playable and need AA toned down. I will be doing some more testing but with AA lowered where needed.

Single Titan testing to see how it plays on a single card.

d4debf33c1e353e1459a01d89351d8a9.jpg

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Quick cuppa and will be right into it.

First impressions are brightness - Out of the box settings, it is very bright but changing the digital vibrance to 65% has made the brightness less and the colours go nice and deep. Compared to the Asus VG278H, it is identical in screen image and clarity but compared to the Dell IPS, it loses on colour depth. Not a bad thing at all and with some NCP tweaks, I will get the deep colours as good as the Dell.

Soldato
Quick cuppa and will be right into it.

First impressions are brightness - Out of the box settings, it is very bright but changing the digital vibrance to 65% has made the brightness less and the colours go nice and deep. Compared to the Asus VG278H, it is identical in screen image and clarity but compared to the Dell IPS, it loses on colour depth. Not a bad thing at all and with some NCP tweaks, I will get the deep colours as good as the Dell.

I would try and read a review about their settings once calibrated as with DV on 65% you'll have over-saturated colours.

Really looking forward to the results old man :)

Associate
Very interested in this thread, was thinking about treating myself to a £1000 upgrade in the form of a 4K monitor and a 780ti but I'm sure that I wouldn't be able to push that many pixels

Associate
With these reasonable prices on 4k monitors I think the only limitation is gpu power.

I mean it's over 8 million pixels at the end of the day so I'd like to see how over £2000 worth of gpu handles a £500 monitor

Back
Top Bottom