** OcUK WW EXCLUSIVE: SAPPHIRE AMD R9 290X GRAPHICS CARD!! **

OcUK Staff
Hi there

As AMD cancelled the 8GB 290X for now, Sapphire had made a small amount of these cards but are now allowed to sell them. As OcUK is Sapphires main partner and friend for many years, it has being approved that OcUK can sell this truly amazing card engineered for 4k gaming, so two or three of these in Crossfire are perfect for 4k gaming with 8GB of RAM. Especially on games such as Skyrim with additional graphics packs at 4k resolution.

We are also bundling all AMD awards with these cards as well, that means you can redeem upto six games from the AMD store. :)

Sapphire Radeon R9 290X Vapor-X OC 8192MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card **OcUK WorldWide Exclusive** @ £599.99 inc VAT

GX-353-SP_400.jpg

OcUK has a worldwide exclusive on the only 8GB 290X in existence, but this is not any 290X it's a highly fine tuned machine being the Vapor-X edition with near silent cooling solution. Running with a 1060MHz core clock and with memory clocked at 5600MHz makes this card absolutely perfect for a 4K setup, even more so with a pair or three of these in Crossfire. That means you could play games like Skyrim with expansion packs at 4k resolution and still not run out of VRAM.

Based on the award-winning Graphics Core Next (GCN) architecture from AMD with 2816 Stream Processors, the SAPPHIRE R9 290X Vapor-X is an Overclocked edition which boasts 8GB of the latest GDDR5 memory running at 1400 MHz (5.60GB/s effective) and high speed engine clocks of 1060MHz.

SAPPHIRE’s innovative Vapor-X cooling technology allows products to run not only cooler but also much quieter. A Vapor-X product means a virtually silent gaming experience and more headroom to explore performance tweaking!

Choke is an important component of the graphics card. By working with the component engineer, Sapphire’s patent pending choke is 10% cooler and offers 25% more power efficiency than a normal choke. The graphics card will be more reliable and save energy.

Improved reliability and better overclocking are possible by using only high-polymer, aluminum capacitors which posses far superior characteristics than regular aluminum capacitor for a longer product life. When operational temperatures drop by 20°C, the product life span is extended by a factor of ten, when the operational temperature increases by 20°C, the product life span only decreases by 10%.

Along the edge of the card the PCB is extended and one of the copper layers left exposed. An additional heatsink mounted directly to this copper layer allows heat absorbed into the PCB from the GPU and other components to be transferred to the heatsink and cooled by the airflow. This feature alone can reduce core temperature by 2 degree C.

Specification:-
- GPU: Hawaii XT
- Litecoin Hash Rate: 850-1000
- Stream Processors: 2816
- ROPS: 64
- Core Speed: 1060MHz >
- Memory Speed: 5600Mhz
- Memory interface: 512-Bit
- Memory capacity: 8192MB GDDR5
- PCI-Express X16 lane required
- 600W or greater PSU required
- Power Connectors: 8-pin + 6-pin required
- Display Outputs: 2x Dual Link DVI, 1x HDMI, 1x DisplayPort
- Warranty: 2yr

Only £599.99 inc VAT - WITH SIX FREE GAMES!!

ORDER NOW

Associate
I'll admit I was a bit suprised at the price at first, but the 6 free games certainly sweetens the deal for those after a beasty card!

OcUK Staff
OP
I'll admit I was a bit suprised at the price at first, but the 6 free games certainly sweetens the deal for those after a beasty card!

Yep, but it is only £100 more than equivalent 4GB version as you have to remember its a Vapor-X card, I mean look at those clock speeds and the fact the coolers are so good on these. :)

The games do help as well!

OcUK Staff
OP
I had the finger on the trigger to buy the R9 295 X2 from OC but now I see the above.

Would crossifre Vapor be better than the R295?

Yes if your gonna play games at 4k maxed out that will use beyond 4GB which not many games currently will, I only know of skyrim.

Caporegime
I had the finger on the trigger to buy the R9 295 X2 from OC but now I see the above.

These would perform better due to the higher clocks, and the extra 4GB per card will certainly be a bonus if you ever upgrade to 4k! Hard choice, but a nice one to have ;)

Associate

Yes, do you have a 4K monitor (or are you looking to get one) though? If not, then there's no need for getting this with its 8GB VRAM - unless if you have an eyefinity set up with an amount of pixels roughly greater than or equal to that of 4K (around 8.3 million).

OcUK Staff
OP
I will be getting a 4k monitor once they come in stock on OC at the end of next month

So it looks like the R9 290X Vapor-X are the way to go over the 295

Jedi Fragger is right, these are also clocked much higher, three of these would probably not be far off a pair of 295 X2's and will never run out of VRAM. :)

Back
Top Bottom