Fractal Design launches new Core Cases

Associate
Introducing the next generation of the award-winning Core family of cases, the X5 series. This new series is characterized by an intuitive and easy-to-access interior. For maximum flexibility the X5 series features a removable HDD cage and tray system supporting up to four 3.5" or 2.5" drives, providing a great platform for water cooling.

The X5 series is comprised of 4 different models, each addressing the needs of the most popular end-user usage scenarios.

- Core 3500 / 3500W: is a Wide-body ATX Mid Tower Case, also available in a Windowed side panel version, allowing users to show off their build. High-performance features include superior liquid cooling potential with support for up to two 240mm radiators or a 280mm radiator.

- Core 2500: is a compact ATX Mid Tower, modern, stylish and slim, characterized by a superior water cooling support for its size. The case is equipped with two pre-installed 120mm fans, a built-in fan controller as well as support for a 280mm and 240mm water cooling radiators.

- Core 1500: is an extremely compact micro ATX Mini Tower Case, that has a small footprint but does not compromise on key features. The case comes equipped with two pre-installed 120mm fans, an integrated three-speed fan controller as well as support for up to two 240mm water cooling radiators for excellent cooling potential, all at an attractive price point.
link

Soldato
I really do wish OCUK & Fractal Design would get over their immature hissy fit and start doing business with each other again.

It's really annoying not having the option of purchasing their cases from my favourite supplier..:(

Sort it out...NOW.

Soldato
I dislike Fractal cases, the build quality is really bad, the clips break every few days, usb ports, audio jacks etc... Their support is excellent, they send me a new thing everytime, but now I just don't bother as it happens so frequently.

Soldato
I really do wish OCUK & Fractal Design would get over their immature hissy fit and start doing business with each other again.

It's really annoying not having the option of purchasing their cases from my favourite supplier..:(

Sort it out...NOW.

We can wish but I doubt that'll happen anytime soon unless FD up their QC game

Soldato
3500W looks very good value for the money. OCUK should just make up with Fractal and sell their cases again, I don't see many reports of quality problems these days so it's not an issue.

Last edited:
Associate
I dislike Fractal cases, the build quality is really bad, the clips break every few days, usb ports, audio jacks etc... Their support is excellent, they send me a new thing everytime, but now I just don't bother as it happens so frequently.

I had my audio jack broken in about a year and a bit, they sent me a new front panel and everything is fine since that time (almost two years now). It's not that bad. And for those prices Fractal is just the best choice in most situations.

Back
Top Bottom