Mayhems Aurora 2

Associate
Hello all,
I'm after some advice about the following product:
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=WC-105-MH&groupid=962&catid=1531&subcat=2415

Having looked through the description on OC and Mayhems website, I can no longer see a reference that this is not to be used in systems (other than show), only:
Although every effort has been made to produce this product, there are no guarantees that this will work on all systems. Mayhems are not responsible if the aforementioned fails in the end-users system.

I have the ek d5 tube res top, so settling in the res shouldn't be an issue.

Long story short - am I ok using Aurora 2 in my system full time?
REALLY want it and description looks promising!!!

Soldato
I am fairly sure that all mayhems products are meant for full time 24/7 use. Otherwise they would not be in business as there is very little market for £10+ products that can only be used for hours to days before throwing away.

Also they wouldn't bother added biocides and non corrosive additives to the mix if it wasn't intended for long term use.

I am currently using their ice white pastel dye in my system and though it's only been in their a week, I intend to keep it there for 6+ months.

Soldato
I am fairly sure that all mayhems products are meant for full time 24/7 use. Otherwise they would not be in business as there is very little market for £10+ products that can only be used for hours to days before throwing away.

Also they wouldn't bother added biocides and non corrosive additives to the mix if it wasn't intended for long term use.

I am currently using their ice white pastel dye in my system and though it's only been in their a week, I intend to keep it there for 6+ months.

Wrong. The original aurora is intended for display use only and NOT for 24/7 users I have used 4 bottles and I have a concentrated bottle that will make another 2.5 litres!!

Aurora 2 is longer lasting certainly, but I'm not 100% sure it is still a 24/7 fluid. It would depend on your loop I would imagine. Aurora doesn't work well with bay reservoirs, filters, complicated loops or loops with loads of angled fittings so if your rig fits into any of the above category's I'd personally stick to mayhems pastel, x1 or any other mayhems product other than aurora =p.

Il forward this thread on to mayhems for ya though just in case my info is out of date, its best having the official words haha!

Last edited:
Associate
Yup aurora 2 is longer lasting how ever its still not as long lasting as say X1, XT1, Pastel due to the make up of the fluid.

If you stick to simple loops and use a tube res it will last quite a long time. A simple loop is 1 rad (not quad pass), 1 Block, Pump such as a simple CPU loop or GPU loop you should have no issues how ever id still only recommend it for show purposes.

Even though its not as long a lasting fluid it still falls under our guarantee.

Associate
Yup aurora 2 is longer lasting how ever its still not as long lasting as say X1, XT1, Pastel due to the make up of the fluid.

If you stick to simple loops and use a tube res it will last quite a long time. A simple loop is 1 rad (not quad pass), 1 Block, Pump such as a simple CPU loop or GPU loop you should have no issues how ever id still only recommend it for show purposes.

Even though its not as long a lasting fluid it still falls under our guarantee.
And hiw long is that supposed to ladt?

Associate
We have no way of telling you how long it will last as that would be like asking how long a peace of string is. There are so many different configurations of a PC that no 2 are the same. The particulars in Aurora are 20x smaller than in Aurora 1 so they now are lifted better, to add to this aurora 2 allso uses new suffactants and other products to aid it.

Back
Top Bottom