Weißgold - Silverstone Sponsored ITX

Soldato
It gives me great pleasure to announce that Silverstone and Overclockers UK have opted to sponsor my build!

c8fd276c6c93a12f0b67bbc122bba78f.png
1840b94921e5daaa1e90fa7687db2a22.png

A big thanks to them, as they will be supplying many of the parts and the full potential of the build would not have been possible without them!

System Part List:

i7 4770k
Z87I-Pro
GTX 770 SC ACX Dual Bios
TeamGroup Xtreem 8GB 2400Mhz
2x Kingston V300 120GB
SG05
Silverstone SFX PSU
Silverstone Tundra TD03 with NB eLoop B12-3

I am going for a very clean and minimalistic aesthetic with this build, with a mostly white theme. Black and gold subtle accents. A large feature of the build will be two parallel lines; one black, one gold.
This gives a minimalistic flair, and will be a consistent theme on many of the parts.

The PSU will be sleeved with white braid, and one black and gold braid each. I have some plans already for the 24 pin and 8 pin connectors:

e301f79cda8465bc9212059cab969ced.png

29c4976c032406fc41c2d59133148887.png

It will also be painted white, with the black/gold line pattern. I may replace the fan with a white one or vinyl dye the existing one.

The SG05 will become full white, and to the left of the 120mm fan, the black/gold lines pattern will feature, going the length of the top of the case and down the front panel (like so)(please forgive the crude nature of the plan :p):

860414ef66959ab2a24a533d2d662f6d.png

I will be adding a window. No details disclosed yet...

The TD03 radiator may have the sides sprayed white apart from the edges, left grey. I could then put the black/gold lines (only 1mm or so thick so very subtle) on each side.
I will also cover the tubing with some Primochill White, as I feel it is better looking than stock.

The SSDs will be full white (maybe leave some of the stock grey exposed as it matches the radiator), and get the two lines treatment.

The board will be plastidipped in white, and I am also exploring making a cover for it in a similar style to the Sabertooth line of ASUS's.

The 770 will have it's fan shroud vinyl dyed white, but the gold accents left untouched and replaced after colouring. Like this (not my picture):

66d76f1ec0da621688a7d643b1b433b6.png

I will also use a white backplate, with the black/gold lines.

I may also replace the case feet.

Thanks to colinmcr, davido_labido, and many others whose builds have motivated me to do a build.

Thanks for reading, lets get the ball rolling soon. :cool:

Last edited:
Soldato
Never know a good one might appear :D.

Any ideas on hardware specs yet?

The sound of warranties being violated fills me with joy :).

Soldato
OP
I do have a very solid idea on specs, since I own most of them :p

As it stands:

i7 4770k
GTX 770 ACX SC < probably goodbye warranty
Z87I-Pro < hope it still works after this :p
Silverstone Tundra TD03
8GB Kingston HyperX Fury Teamgroup Xtreem 8GB
2 x 120GB Kingston V300 SSDs < probably no more warranty.

Like I said, I don't have the money to put a 780Ti in there, etc but I have a few ideas that could make this fairly unique. ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Honestly ask away, the more I get into it the better.

Work will probably start in earnest about a week from now; then I will have a better idea of where I stand.

Also forgot to mention CM V700 PSU; warranty begone.

Associate
one of my friends just built a pc in the same case so looking forward to seeing how this one is going to turn out!

and regarding the name, I've already seen two builds on another forum with "winter is coming" as a name.

Associate
Before I even start (and if anyone has read this far), I'd like to mention davido_labido and colinmcr (and others whose names escape me :()for if nothing else, they have shown me how good white can look on one hand, and gold on the other. So onto the build. Soon...

I'm honoured, thanks for the kind words I really appreciate it.

Now onto your build....White, black and gold you certainly like a challenge ! But you have chosen well, gold works well with white and of course black goes with anything. It'll be getting the combo just right that will be the hard part.

I like how you want to keep cheap, doesn't mean it can't look expensive ;) Everything on here doesn't need to be WC to look good. I'm really looking forward to seeing how you get on. I found and image which I'm gonna post if you don't mind I thought it symbolised your colour scheme and bold plan.

The description of the image mentions the words "Corona" which is my suggestion for a name for your project.

TvIwaAFl.jpg

Oh and make sure you enjoy the other Corona also, which has very nice colouring also, funny that..

53XenDzl.jpg

Soldato
OP
Frost Midget is a bit too jovial for me :p, Corona has a nice ring to it.

That logo is a bit much for me though; the rest of the build will be aiming for a clean, reserved look, so it's a bit too flashy.

I was thinking maybe (on top of a full white exterior) putting two thin lines, going the length of the top and front panel. One black, one gold. Likely to the left. In about a week, I can really start going on this, right now it's sort of planning so feel free to vent any ideas :)

Associate
Oh I didn't mean the logo for your machine, just to show the colours together. I like the two line idea :D Maybe have one slightly shorter than the other on the front....

Soldato
OP
That would be good, the full length of the (admittedly short) front panel might look a bit weird.

I will probably try and get that sort of two lines theme in other parts of the build also; I will be careful though, as the wrong orientation or placement could really ruin it. I think this will be a hard colour combo to pull off well, but I'll give it a shot.

At worst, I'll just have to remove the offending parts with a further dab of white so no matter :)

Soldato
I like the sound of the two lines. Nice and minimalist but with some flair.

Can you window one of the sides? I can't see in images if it has one.

Soldato
OP
I would love to certainly mod one of the sides; I've got ideas swirling everywhere in my head, I might try and get to grips with something like Sketchup to try and put some to paper. I'm considering pretty much all avenues for every panel, sides, top and front. :)

I would be extremely surprised if all they ended up with was a paint job, put it that way.

Back
Top Bottom