XIM 4 released

Soldato
XIM 4 has been released.

Some will be happy, some will not.

http://store.xim4.com/XIM4_p_13.html

For the people that dont know what the XIM is, heres a description taken from their website:

XIM4 provides the highest precision mouse and keyboard (and more) experience on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3. Unsurpassed quality, ease-of-use, and flexibility, XIM4 is the perfect companion to the even most demanding gamer.

XIM4 empowers gamers with the state-of-the-art without bombarding them with unneeded complexity. Through XIM's unique Smart Translator technology, XIM4 is able to provide unparalleled 1-to-1 gaming precision that consistently performs in every game you play. It's quick and easy to set up your preferred gaming environment through it's wireless smartphone and PC configuration tool. XIM4 enables gamers to choose their preferred input devices that suit them best whether gaming at a desk or from a couch in the living room.

EDIT: Think its been out for a while actually, only just got an email from the makers lol

Last edited:
Soldato
I have the XIM3 and i have only used it Offline, mosrly because i have no interest in FPS MP, the only online games i play are on the PC and aren't FPS's

How is the xim 3? had an eagle eye I think it was called on my 360 and it was awful!

A console but with keyboard/mouse support for offline gaming would be perfect for my dad. He doesn't care for graphics but can't use a controller.

Permabanned
Does this come with a keyboard and mouse or does it then allow you to plug any keyboard and mouse via usb into it?

If you can plug any keyboard and mouse into it how easy is it to map the controls.. e.g X = SPACE BAR etc?

Permabanned
Oh joy, why can't people just learn to play with a controller?

For me personally this is my explanation... I've spent my younger years playing with a KB and mouse on pc, playing FPS like delta force, cod (orginal ones like modern wareface) and Counter strike source... I've got to a stage now I'm 25 and have a lot less time on my hands (work 2 jobs working 46hrs a week) I also go gym and play 5 side football and have a social life on weekend and a gf to keep happy, so I have a very small period to play games, I cant afford to upgrade my pc as I have bills to pay and im more of a casual gamer..hence buying a ps4 .. with the little time I have it's hard to master a control when your use to KB and mouse... this is my personal explanation and maybe some people are the same? :)

Soldato
For me personally this is my explanation... I've spent my younger years playing with a KB and mouse on pc, playing FPS like delta force, cod (orginal ones like modern wareface) and Counter strike source... I've got to a stage now I'm 25 and have a lot less time on my hands (work 2 jobs working 46hrs a week) I also go gym and play 5 side football and have a social life on weekend and a gf to keep happy, so I have a very small period to play games, I cant afford to upgrade my pc as I have bills to pay and im more of a casual gamer..hence buying a ps4 .. with the little time I have it's hard to master a control when your use to KB and mouse... this is my personal explanation and maybe some people are the same? :)

I really don't get this, it takes minutes to get to grips with a controller (maybe a couple of hours at the absolute maximum if it is really alien to you) and everyone has had to do it at some point.

Caporegime

Hahahahahaha, what a load of tosh. I played PC games from Delta Force to Q3A to CS and so on on my PC all those years ago, it took no time at all to get used to a controller, and I had very little time as well due to having a family/social life.

It's just your not willing to get smashed a few times due to frustration than put the work in, like most things in life these days, people want all the success without putting time in, don't want do that, then stick to PC games.

I have no issue with these tools being used offline.

Permabanned
I like the way I explain my personal reasons and get a response of "hahahaha, what a load of tosh" , I play the ps4 about 2-3 hrs a week so not really that long to get to grips with the control pad I feel , call it having instant success or call it using a controller your use too, people who use dpads on pc's such as xbox do they get called cheats etc too? I'm only a casual gamer anyway so I'd prob still get owned with someone whos good at a dpad lol

Soldato
How is the xim 3? had an eagle eye I think it was called on my 360 and it was awful!

It's OK but not amazing, it takes a long while to configure it to how you like it then it's not as good a native support would be, but it's playable and better than a pad for me.

I hope the XIM4 is better, looking for some reviews

Caporegime
I like the way I explain my personal reasons and get a response of "hahahaha, what a load of tosh" , I play the ps4 about 2-3 hrs a week so not really that long to get to grips with the control pad I feel , call it having instant success or call it using a controller your use too, people who use dpads on pc's such as xbox do they get called cheats etc too? I'm only a casual gamer anyway so I'd prob still get owned with someone whos good at a dpad lol

Because people on PC who use pads generally do not gain an advantage over keyboard/mouse players.

Caporegime
boycey123 you are talking rubbish - how the **** did you manage to learn the keyboard and mouse yet somehow another input method daunts you. Do you wake up in the night with a cold sweat wondering how youll master the TV remote?

**** me - grow some balls and put some effort in, its not that hard - Im in my mid 30s and only got back to console gaming 5 years ago, due to injury, after being pretty much a PC gamer...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom