• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** TIME TO BUY A NVIDIA 9xx IS NOW: REASON INSIDE!! **

OcUK Staff
Hi there

Well two things:

1. NVIDIA Pick Your Path FREE (Free Games are Assassins Creed Unity, Far Cry 4 or The Crew) FREE Game promotion ends this Wednesday at 18:00, so NO more FREE game, not to say they won't launch a new promotion at a later date.
2. Exchange rates have crashed over XMAS so unless we can get lower USD cost then cost will increase further on all USD purchasers, this effects everything not just graphics cards.

This is to highlight point one really and that NVIDIA are ending the game promotion! :(

Do not say we did not warn you!!

Soldato
Have been tempted by a third galax ex oc.

But for 4k, just not sure am wasting my money, and should just keep to lower settings for now and wait for the 'proper' cards...

Soldato
Could this be due to the imminent release of an AMD card and also increasing the prices so that the rumoured GTX 960 and it's Ti variants have somewhere to sit??

2. Exchange rates have crashed over XMAS so unless we can get lower USD cost then cost will increase further on all USD purchasers, this effects everything not just graphics cards.

I'd say it was probably something to do with exchange rates.....

Associate
Was very tempted to get a GTX980 (EVGA SC ACX2.0) recently on a good price drop but going to try and hold out for the Ti versions later in the year sometime as my PC can still handle pretty much anything I throw at it T_T

Associate
Well I am looking at selling my r9 295x2 as I am finding it just does not do what I had hoped at 4k. Dragon age inquisition gets 22-50 fps depending what i am upto on high settings in 4k and dropping down to 2k or 1080 does not improve the fps or smoothness at all. Unity is just a bloody joke at 1080p2k and 4k I get the same results on high settings with 0 aa on a crappy 30 fps at best and it stutters like nothing I have ever played.In wow at a 2k i get 30-40 fps and this is useing the latest omega drivers from amd.

My monitor is the ASUS PB287Q and i really like it but now i dont know to go with 2 980s or hold out and see what happens at the CES show and see if nvidia release something better then the 980s!
Any advice would be greatly received!

Soldato
you could get a pair of 970's for a lot less and have 95% of the performance for a big saving, that way you could probably still sell and buy again if something better comes along

Associate
I was wondering about the 970's but could they keep 60 fps consistently at 4k in the new aaa titles like inquisition ect? The settings i would want to use are a mix of ultra/high with no or little AA. I aint going to try run them on full everything ! :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Well I am looking at selling my r9 295x2 as I am finding it just does not do what I had hoped at 4k. Dragon age inquisition gets 22-50 fps depending what i am upto on high settings in 4k and dropping down to 2k or 1080 does not improve the fps or smoothness at all. Unity is just a bloody joke at 1080p2k and 4k I get the same results on high settings with 0 aa on a crappy 30 fps at best and it stutters like nothing I have ever played.In wow at a 2k i get 30-40 fps and this is useing the latest omega drivers from amd.
Any advice would be greatly received!
whats your CPU? that sounds like the issue not the 295x2

Soldato
I'll be ordering my new stuff when i get back from Spain. Kinda hoping something solid comes out about some of the new cards, might be worth holding out a few extra weeks if so.

Back
Top Bottom