ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q 144hz 2560x1440 IPS G-Sync.

Associate
I could have sworn I had heard about this but I must be mistaken.

Anyway, the specs look beastly! It's just like the acer one. Hopefully the quality control is better!

Associate
IPS is nice and all, but the higher response time will surely cause more ghosting?

I'd imagine this will end up not supporting 3D Vision like the Acer 1440p144 IPS Gsync monitor.

In which case I'll be keeping my Swift.

Associate
Keeping a close eye on this after the issues with the Acer. Also of note is that Nvidia has announced they will be supporting G-SYNC on windowed applications which is awesome and actually is a huge deal for me.

Associate
I want those specs in 24"/25" - 27" is too big for me. I don't want to have to move my head around to see one side or the other when I'm gaming...

I guess I'll have to though as there aren't any smaller, g-sync, ips, 2560 screens announced.

Big screens are good in living rooms but not when your 30cm away from them.

Damn.

Soldato
If your 30-40cm away you shouldn't have to move your head on any monitor up until about 40", you can track with your eyes below that. I'm using a 22" monitor at the moment and it's taking up a tiny percentage of my view.

Associate
Is that scientific or just from your experience as I move my head with my current 24" screen. I don't know if wearing glasses has narrowed my optimum focus points but I definitely already move my head a little bit.

I'm sure you do to - you do it subconciously. Just sit in front of your monitor and play a custom map on CSGO - ie this one

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=213240871&searchtext=

and tell me you don't... :)

Associate
I have an MG279Q on pre order but and will get a new graphics card this month, my budget for both my monitor and GPU is £1000. Im guessing the PG279Q + GTX980Ti will cost more than that, (my MG279Q is ordered at £467) just have to pray the new AMD cards will actually be good. Don't Really want to go PG279Q + GTX 980 and obviusly no G-sync with GTX 980 Ti with MG279Q.

Associate
ioXkbIA.jpg
Looks lovely, I'm glad they didnt change the design. Extra RoG logo with red LED on it wich looks nice as well.

If you look at the G-Sync sticker on the base, there is 3D Vision missing, so just like the Acer it probably won't support 3Dvision and it will probably only support strobed backlight ULMB at 100hz instead of 120hz. I personally don't care for 3DVision, but I do care about 120hz strobed backlight for games such as Battlefield 4 and CSGO.

Last edited:
Soldato
Is that scientific or just from your experience as I move my head with my current 24" screen. I don't know if wearing glasses has narrowed my optimum focus points but I definitely already move my head a little bit.

I'm sure you do to - you do it subconciously. Just sit in front of your monitor and play a custom map on CSGO - ie this one

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=213240871&searchtext=

and tell me you don't... :)

I genuinely don't mate, at home right now I've got a 24" monitor at home which I'm using just now and it's my eyes doing the moving, only time I ever moved my head was when I've got headtracking enabled and triple monitors.

Associate
OP
From the Asus press room page thingy on their website

"ROG SWIFT PG279Q is a 27-inch WQHD 2560x1440 display with IPS technology for wide 178 degree viewing angles. It has an ultra-fast 144Hz refresh rate and features NVIDIA G-SYNC technology for smooth, lag-free visuals. ROG SWIFT has extensive connectivity options that include DisplayPort and HDMI."

So HDMI an option now? Always a good thing.

Associate
From the Asus press room page thingy on their website

"ROG SWIFT PG279Q is a 27-inch WQHD 2560x1440 display with IPS technology for wide 178 degree viewing angles. It has an ultra-fast 144Hz refresh rate and features NVIDIA G-SYNC technology for smooth, lag-free visuals. ROG SWIFT has extensive connectivity options that include DisplayPort and HDMI."

So HDMI an option now? Always a good thing.
Well that depends, the current Swift only has a displayport, so it doesn't need to search for a signal. You just a press a button and its on instantly. Its little details like that wich makes the Swift feel like a premium experience. Now with the added HDMI (wich imo is absolutely damn useless) I hope it doesn't feel like a cheap monitor where it has to search for signal before it turns on.

Back
Top Bottom