** BENQ XR3501 35" CURVED MONITOR HAS LANDED!! **

OcUK Staff
Hi there

BenQ XR3501 has landed, 35", curved, 144Hz and looks pretty epic:

BenQ XR3501 35" Curved 144Hz Gaming Widescreen LED Monitor - Black @ £689.99 inc VAT

MO-116-BQ_400.jpg

The all new, best-of-the-best XR3501 lets you immerse yourself completely in any racing game, with a massive 35” curved display featuring the best color graphics, 2000R ultra curve all-covered field of vision, 2560x1080 resolution, Black eQualizer for total visibility, and the highest refresh rate available today. Watch as the checkered flag twirls and waves announcing your victory, empowering you to feel the thrill of the curve.

Designed for a more immersive racing experience, the XR3501 straps gamers in their seats with its 2000R curvature and 144Hz refresh rate. The ultimate high-performance 35 inch curved gaming monitor will empower you to Feel The Thrill Of The Curve.

The smooth, curved shape of the XR3501 display is designed to completely consume your field of vision. The action on the screen fills your periphery, eliminates any distractions and creates a true real-world gaming experience.

The 35” XR3501 delivers a stunning picture with a 21:9 aspect ratio and offers a crisp 2560 x 1080 resolution, so you can see what’s coming on the track - from the decals on your opponents’ cars to the roadside grass and leaves on the trees you speed by.

With the High 144Hz refresh rate, you get a consistently flawless view of all the details within the fast-moving action. Fluid transitions are ensured for the smoothest gameplay at all times.

The XR3501 gives you the flexibility you need to get the color performance you seek. There are 20 levels of Color Vibrance setting built into the monitor to meet gamers’ specific viewing requirements and preferences for different types of gameplay.

Poor visibility in dark scenes can cost even the most skillful gamers their game. The XR3501 comes with built-in Black eQualizer color engine technology to brighten dark scenes without over-exposing the bright areas. Do the other cars seem to vanish in the darkness of a tunnel? Throw some light on the problem with Black eQualizer, boosting the brightness of darker regions of the screen without blowing up the well-lit areas. What’s more, with maximized visual clarity, you’ll also experience more eye comfort and less eye fatigue during intense games or after a long day of practice.

Specification:-
- Screen Size Class (diagonal): 35" Curved
- Panel Type: AMVA
- Aspect Ratio: 21:9
- Resolution: 2560x1080
- Brightness (typical): 300 cd/m2
- Contrast Ratio(Original): 2000:1
- Response Time: 4ms
- Viewing Angle (CR>10): 178/178
- Colour Depth (Num of Colours): 16.7M (8-Bit)
- Curve: 2000R
- Connectivity: 2x HDMI 1.4, 1x DisplayPort 1.2, 1x Mini-DP
- Tilt: -5 / +15
- Warranty: 2yr

Only £689.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Last edited:
Soldato
This is interesting. Hope a review is coming out soon, especially about how it performs with DSR
heysexy.001.gif

What GPU(s) are you using, out of interest? I ask because making a good go of the 144Hz refresh rate at a resolution of say 3440 x 1440 (DSRed or what have you) may not be all that easy.

BenQ haven't quite decided how they're going about review sample distribution for this model yet. I was essentially promised one at a launch event I attended for this monitor, but it seems some of the samples are undergoing some more changes of hands and possibly some smaller press events first. :o

Associate
Too bad for the missing sample :(

As for my GPU atm is a single 970 and I know too well it's not enough (have a 3440x1440 monitor) but I'm waiting for Pascal and planning for the long term. I don't change monitors that often and at least not as often as I upgrade the gpu. Considering the "long term" makes this one really interesting also because the alternatives aren't really viable as far as we can see today. The g/freesync ones by Acer and Asus are just too pricey and run at almost half the frequency (75 vs 144). And we don't know anything about assembly or technical problems they *may* have. That being said I know gsync is another ballpark than a mere higher refresh rate but you know, isn't it always a tradeoff anyway? :)

Last edited:
Caporegime
2560x1080 @ 35"...... especially combined with that price is a deal breaker imo, I would much rather have a 29" version of this.

Also, no free/g sync = sad panda

Soldato
Anyone buying this will have to learn to love the look of pixels. 35" @ 1080?!? Crazy. Not like there's even any G-Sync/Freesync to make it more palatable. This is one for the 21:9 fetishists for sure.

Associate
Well 35'' 21.9 is basically a 27'' 16.9 as regards the dot pitch and dpi. It's nothing really that awkward. I've been using a dual 27'' FHD for years and was quite happy with them. In games with dsr I doubt you'll even notice the difference with a "real" 1440p

But yeah, it's not the same obviously. That's why it costs 310/410 quid less, not exactly pocket change to me.

You can call me 21.9 fetishist anyway, I like that :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Well 35'' 21.9 is basically a 27'' 16.9 as regards the dot pitch and dpi. It's nothing really that awkward. I've been using a dual 27'' FHD for years and was quite happy with them. In games with dsr I doubt you'll even notice the difference with a "real" 1440p

But yeah, it's not the same obviously. That's why it costs 310/410 quid less, not exactly pocket change to me.

You can call me 21.9 fetishist anyway, I like that :D
Perhaps for somoone coming from an average 1080p screen it won't be THAT bad, but who buys 27" 1080p monitors these days, nevermind 35" lol!? Seems an odd purchasing choice now. This monitor seems wrong somehow... it feels like it should have been released a year ago.

Caporegime
ive gamed for years on my 950D 27" at 1080p and its perfectly fine lol!

I think the key work in there is years, I've got an old dell 24" 1920x1200 monitor which I thought was great but put it alongside my 25" 2560x1440 monitor and it's clearly showing its age.

Tech has moved on especially at this size and price point.

Back
Top Bottom