You'd have to be utterly mad to get married these days

Caporegime
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...ex-wife-awarded-six-figure-payout-even-thoug/

Millionaire tycoon's ex-wife awarded six figure payout even though he made his fortune a decade after they split

The ex-wife of a green energy tycoon has been awarded a "modest" divorce payment of £300,000, despite her former husband starting his business a decade after they split up.

Kathleen Wyatt had earlier demanded a £1.9 million payout from Dale Vince, a former New Age traveller, although she did not lodge a maintenance claim until more than 25 years after they had separated, and nearly 20 years after their divorce.

I understand maintenance, but claiming after 25 years? Who on earth does she think she is? :confused: I'd love to have seen his face opening that letter, must have thought it was a sick joke or something.

Really boggles my mind that men still fall for this apparent need to sign a contract just to 'prove' their love to someone. Look at Elon Musk for example. One of the most intelligent men on the planet, but has been divorced three times. Twice to the same woman! Jesus Christ man, get it together...

Permabanned
Because the husband's lawyers failed to persuade him, or failed to try to persuade him to insist on a full settlement acceptance signature from his ex wife at the time of their divorce.

Still disgusting, and I agree marriage is very much slanted in favour of the wife if things get unpleasant.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

So how is it the court decided that after a decade of not being together, that she at least deserves something??

Because, presumably, when she was much younger and way more attractive than she is now, she could have married someone way richer than he was. So by marrying her when she was young, he denied her the opportunity to do better. This settlement addresses that injustice.

Caporegime
Because, presumably, when she was much younger and way more attractive than she is now, she could have married someone way richer than he was. So by marrying her when she was young, he denied her the opportunity to do better. This settlement addresses that injustice.

Lol wow just wow lol.

I can't tell if that's sarcasm or something amiga genuinely believes. His views are pretty extreme.

Soldato

giphy.gif

Soldato

we need a sarcastic font because i can't tell.

Man of Honour
Presumably the judge felt that she contributed to the success of the business by providing a stable relationship when he was starting out. It seems they diviorced in 1992 but I'm guessing that the roots of his now successful business started before they seperated.

It's still outrageous in my opinion. But that's the only reason I can think that the judge awarded her money.

Personally I'd never get married again and if I could give my younger self any advice then staying single would be it. I'm still happily married so this isn't sour grapes. But I just don't see any benefit in marriage for the man nowadays.

Caporegime
Presumably the judge felt that she contributed to the success of the business by providing a stable relationship when he was starting out. It seems they diviorced in 1992 but I'm guessing that the roots of his now successful business started before they seperated.

It's still outrageous in my opinion. But that's the only reason I can think that the judge awarded her money.

Personally I'd never get married again and if I could give my younger self any advice then staying single would be it. I'm still happily married so this isn't sour grapes. But I just don't see any benefit in marriage for the man nowadays.

Nope he didn't do it till years after.

And "stable" they were living in his van iirc

Back
Top Bottom