2kg Roast Beef

Soldato
Ok i have a 2kg joint of beef I am going to slow cook. How long do you suggest i do it for? i was thinking 10-11 hours? How do i prepare it? I want this to be a really juicy and tasty piece of meat, also what herbs shall I use? I am unable to put anything with any hint of warmth on it? I have an open bottle of red wine from saturday and most herbs you can think of and most cupboard essentials. SO HELP LA :D

Soldato
OP
I wouldn't slow roast it. Not the right cut to slow roast as it'll end up too dry.

I'd cook 2kg for (20min per ~450g) plus 20mins end for medium, then rest for 40mins. You want about 2hr cooking time, but if you have an internal thermometer take it out when the meat is about 55-60c in the very middle, as it'll continue to cook when you rest it too.

** No need for that comment *** slow roasting stuff leaves the meat tender and moist slow cookers are designed that way.

"Easy carve"
What makes it in particular easy to carve? What have they done to it?

*tries hard to look very intelligent and snob like.
how the heck should i know? :D:D:D

Soldato
OP
Do you slow roast every kind of meat then? Would you slow roast a chicken breast? Fillet of beef?

Good luck with that. You obviously know what you're doing since you had to ask in the first place. How about you go **** it up with your long ass cook. If you cook it in a slow cooker, for example, you want to ensure you have a ton of moisture/ liquid, which then isn't roasting, it's braising it, but you know.

Yes I put every kind of meat in and it works perfectly. I have never put 2kg in that is why I asked ** please keep your complaints off the forums and stick to the RTM system please ** ALso fyi there is liquid in the slow cooker just enough to cover the bottom of it.

Soldato
OP
Ok i have a 2kg joint of beef I am going to slow cook :D
First post slow cook ^^
Do you slow roast every kind of meat then? Would you slow roast a chicken breast? Fillet of beef?

Good luck with that. You obviously know what you're doing since you had to ask in the first place. How about you go **** it up with your long ass cook. If you cook it in a slow cooker, for example, you want to ensure you have a ton of moisture/ liquid, which then isn't roasting, it's braising it, but you know.
right there!

Not once did you mention a slow cooker in your post. You said you would slow cook. ;)

Soldato
OP
I touch them.

Just so you know.

^_^

Edit: Not slow cookers. But I will admit that I am tempted. I like the sound of the 60c slow cooking that FrenchTart suggests, but for how long? How long is 'loads of time'?

Which reminds me. I always fancied slow cooking in fire-less haybox.

They are ace ours cost us 15 quid and we use it loads especially in the winter.

Back
Top Bottom