£300 pc spec for general use/gaming

Associate
Hi I'm looking for a PC spec pretty much just for general use but can also cope playing some less graphically heavy games like sim city etc. The budget is around £300 but I've already got a 1tb HDD I can pull out of my laptop if I need to.
Any ideas will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

PS I've found this build on another website and I wouldn't mind your opinions on that as well as your own specs. Cheers
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/df-hardware-introducing-the-digital-foundry-pc

Associate
OP
Yeah that was exactly my line of thinking with the HDD it was just to save a little but of money for the time being so I could get it up and running. Also I like your spec but I am more inclined to go for an Intel CPU over amd mainly due to personnel preference but for that price I think I'd be looking at an i3

Associate
OP
I'm still thinking the first spec by honosuseri seems to be the way to go but I'm wandering is there any mono in particular that will be best for adding a GPU ( the 6670 most likely) at a later date and will the 430w PSU be sufficient if I did add a GPU later on.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the clip its nice to see that I can expect even better results than that which is really more than I was expecting by itself. I was wandering if there was any reason in particular you chose the xigmatek case or whether you think I could get a slightly cheaper case to save a little money for a network card

Back
Top Bottom