• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

6700XT upgrade

Soldato
Started gaming a bit more and finding the 6700XT needs an upgrade. Playing Alan Wake 2 and Helldivers along with Call of Duty new titles.

I have a 13500k with 32GB 6000 DDR5.

Will probably change my monitor at some point as I’m using an Alienware 27” 1440 240HZ at the moment.

I’m thinking 4070 Ti Super?

Associate
Thats a good card..... pricey! What are you looking to spend budget wise?

I'm in a similar boat, 6750xt, have my eyes on a 7900 GRE. About £250-£300 cheaper.

There are 7900 xtx available for £800 that might be worth a consideration

Associate
A game like Tarkov, the CPU makes just as much of a difference than the GPU. Tarkov does well with X3D CPUs.
Yeah I’ve noticed! I upgraded my cpu this week from 3800x to 5800x3d and I’m getting close to double frames in some areas kind of nuts, the biggest thing is there’s never any sudden dips like there was with the old cpu.

Associate
I've got the same card and it's starting to struggle on the vr front. Looks like there should be some new cards out later this year, if you can hold off then should be some good cards coming from AMD for a good price, something that can keep up with a 4080 for £500ish

Soldato
Please don't make claims that you know nothing about or promises that can't be kept, this forum is full of enough **** already.

Yup.

Even if we see new cards this year, they're likely to be flagship products only. Even then they might be nothing but a refresh at best. Regardless, assuming we'll get 4080 performance for £500 is a pipe dream and shockingly optimistic.

Associate
If AMD do what they've done the last 2 or 3 gens, then the release price of RDNA4 will be a tiny bit worse in £/performance than the clearance price of RDNA3. 7900XTs are now down to £630. I'm gona guess the clearance price of the XTX will be below £700 but maybe not as low as the current XT price.

Hopefully this time round there will be at least an increase in power consumption vs performance and ray-tracing. Better still would be DLS quality level hardware upscaling.

On topic, I dislike upgrading within the last 6-9 months of a generation, but if you need to now, a £630 7900xt would be what I'd consider. If you think a 60% increase with a GRE to be enough, thats OK. But with only a 60% gain, I'd just hold off 6-7 months.

Back
Top Bottom