Associate
Hello guys bought my new computer some weeks ago and its running good

My setup are
7800x3d
Rtx 4080super
32 gb corsair cl36 6000mhz
Asus tuf gaming b660 wifi
Lian li galahad 360 aio cooler

I was getting normal scores in 3dmark brnchmark but i decided to enable my amd expo and suddenly my games didnt run smooth so i did a brnchmark and got half of the scores in cpu score.

I disabled the amd expo again and still it isnt running good.

What has happen?

I even ran cod brnchmark and cpu got 550 fps with 0% bottleneck and now only have 350 fps and bottleneck.

Associate
Offically amd EXPO is an overclock so not guaranteed to work, but other issues could be

a buggy bios, you could look to see if any newer bios exist for your mobo, see if they can help

Enabling EXPO may accidently do something to the power limits, artificially limiting them would cause the preformance drop

Any temperature issues? Bit of a strech but as EXPO is an overclock, maybe the memory controller on the cpu is heating up? Causing rhe cpu to heat and throttle?

Just another quick one - do you have any form of overclock/ pbo enabled on the cpu? A stable curve optimiser without a ram oc may become unstable with the ram.oc?

Just a few ideas I can think.of that could be an issue if its not just that the memory controller can't handle the EXPO,

Good luck.

Soldato
Are your ram sticks in the right slots?

Otherwise agreed with the other posts. Do a BIOS update and try EXPO on a reset to default BIOS config with no other changes.

Associate
On that motherboard the bios needs to be the latest type for expo to work without issues.

On mine when in the ez mode, turning on pbo includes turning on expo.

If you go into the "advanced" menus believe you can switch independently.

When updating the bios, make sure the bios is factory reset first, otherwise it won't work and will be a small ball ache to rectify.

Also as others have mentioned make sure the correct ram slots are used

Back
Top Bottom