8Pack back to answer your Zen4 Ryzen 7xxx and AM5 platform questions.........

OcUK Staff
Hi all... We have been testing this for months.... Overall its very solid...

Check out my video that covers a lot of tweaking options for different loads as well as some benches....

I will be answering as many questions on here as possible so smash em in this thread..

Will also post screens of what I have to answer Q's.

Pack..

OcUK Staff
OP
As a professional overclocker I would not imagine you are that concerned about the lifespan of a cpu but some of us are.

My question would be. Are you concerned the lifespan of the cpus will be shorter than we are used to by the chips sitting at 95C by desigWhat
CPUS degrade with mainly voltage rarther than temps. As temps go up on these frequency drops and thus the needed voltages. I am fine with this SKU at 95c under low loads and by using OC switcher you can save upto 10c and gain performance at very high loads.

I obviously do care about 24/7 stability I not only have my systems and bundles to warranty I also have a big B2B following all wanting the best relaibility and perf 24-7 365.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
7900X and 7950X ideally 360 AIO, lower SKU 240 AIO minimum.

OC switcher style tuning on the higher SKU keeps all in check... If you watch my vid I explain this but you can save 10c under heavy loads.... Also a negative curve on PBO2 helps save temps....

Obviously the better the cooling the more low load boost for gaming.

OcUK Staff
OP
Any chance of being able to overclock ram to 8000mhz like Intel or is it still to early for that?
I honestly did not try that.... Its not something we would do for systems... I am going to do some XOC of all this stuff around Jan so will try that then... IMC does seem good as does new IO tech.

I can confirm even 6400mhz working with 1:1 IF divider.... But sadly perfromance not really improved over lower frequencies as latencys take such a hit at these speeds... Literally 1% better 5400mzh to 6400mhz or 1.5 tops...

OcUK Staff
OP
Whats your overall thoughts on the 7700X? From the limited stuff im seeing the 7700x is looking to be on par or slightly better than a 5800x3d. What are your thoughts on the 7700x and its gaming potential?
In my Video I cover this..... OC all cores to 5.4 to 5,5ghz and its a monster.... The best gaming CPU bang for buck bar none... better than x3d no worries..... At these clocks for us on 240mm AIO even doing looped real world blender rendering so hours long 100% runs temps below 90 too....

OcUK Staff
OP
It doesnt allow per core OC in Bios only through software... In Bios you have static cluster of cores on offer.

Obviously PBO2 with an offset curve means each core is overclocked independently depending on loading and silicon quality of that specific core.

OcUK Staff
OP
Friend of mine has bought the 7950X but is confused about motherboard choice when it comes to what would be the minimum recommended power-stages to get the most out of the chip. She does heavy compiling, streaming, 3D modelling and light gaming. Any suggestions on motherboard choice basically..
The ones we tested all worked well on this... Others I cant comment.. ROG HERO, ROG extreme, GIGABYTE MASTER and in MATX ASUS ROG GENE.

OcUK Staff
OP
Which cpu would you recommend primarily for gaming, over my current 9900k?

Also would you guys be willing to do direct die on your bundles?
Direct Die= pain in the ass for consistency... Currently we are not offering it.... For gaming 7700X at 5.5 Manual OC... decent cooler dont worry about temps....

Back
Top Bottom