A new steering wheel - oooh yes please..

Man of Honour
Anyone who's read posts from me in any threads about steering wheel controls knows that I pimp only 1....

BRD Sim pedals and wheels...

However - they've released info on the Speed7 wheel - designed to go with the Speed7 pedals that have been out for a while...

It's a beast. :D

Released March 11th....
Cost....

£950 for the basic wheel - looking at £1100ish for the one with the integrated LCD.

Images and info: http://www.teambrd.co.uk/speed7-wheel.html

Yup - I've pre-ordered one - will go nicely with my speed7 pedals *3 pedal set*

I have yet to be disapointed by any of their products ever - lets hope that it continues.

Simon/~Flibster

[edit]
All I need now is another proper gear stick control and I'll be back playing GPL witha vengence.

I broke my last one. :(
[/edit]

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Farty two said:
:D COOL

thats serious money for a steering wheel i bet they rock!!

i take it you'll go to Francorchamps on 11 March with your free pass now

My first wheel and pedal set from them cost me £400 - still works flawlessly today. *has had the USB upgrade done to it though*

Got the Speed7 pedals already *3 pedal set - proper clutch* and it's great.

I don't just use it for racing games though - I use it as a teaching and training tool for myself and other people. Especially for new tracks I've not driven around.

As for Spa - may go - depends if I can get away for my Mum's birthday which is incidentally the same day...

Bugger...

Simon/~Flibster

Man of Honour
OP
It was GPL and GP4 mainly.

Refuse to touch GT Legends and GTR as they use starforce as the protection - if I want software that will hapilly open up my system to hackers I'll plug my windows98 pc into the network...

Hoping that a stonking racing game will come out soon so I can have a bit of fun with it.

Simon/~Flibster

Man of Honour
OP
Behemoth said:
I know I need something better than ye logitech Vibration feed back wheel I've got, but that is well !! If only I could affford to blow that o a steering wheel for my PC !! I could get a new car for that.

However it does look like top quality gear, and if I was allowed to borrow one, I wouldn't say no !!

If you don't mind missing out on Force feedback *which tbh is only a gimmick* try some of the older wheels they do - like the Show V2 with a set of Pro Pedals - you'll only really need 2 pedals so don't bother with the clutch.

I've still got their original F1 Sim wheel here and it's as reliable and accurate as the day I bought it. *coming up to 8 years old now...*

Bolted together like a beast too.

However - Show V2 wheel + Pro = £400

But what you really - really want is one of these.. ;)
http://www.brdsim.com/product/simulators/brd-lotus-49.html
Or http://www.brdsim.com/product/simulators/brd-05-car.html

Simon/~Flibster

Man of Honour
OP
William said:
Hmmm for that money you could get a clapped out Pug205, strip it bare then rally it. Certainly more fun and brown pants material than any simulator.

VBeen there
Done That
Crashed it
Hurt me

Upgraded to a slightly bigger and hugely more expensive toy. :D

DaveyD said:
I think he means it's not exactly the most realistic effect compared to really driving, or something along those lines anyway. Flibster knows what he's on about :p

Yup.

What you feel through the wheel in a proper car is only part of the full experience

You feel what the car is going through your own movement in the car, g-forces acting on you, what you feel through your backside, through your fingertips on the wheel, through your feet on the pedals...

If I felt what you get on force feedback through a real car I'd be seriously worried...something would be extremely wrong with the car.

Simon/~Flibster

Man of Honour
OP
William said:
An Impreza? :p

Go wash your mouth out.... :D

I went...classic Italian...

james.miller said:
my 306 cost less than that wheel. whatever way you cut it, £900 is insain for a stearing wheel.

This wheel should last longer than a 306. ;)

It's not the most expensive one they do either - the next one up is designed for professional simulators and costs, well... lots...

Plus I could have spend 45K easily though - on the Lotus 49 replica.. *It's on my christmas list - and has been for 3 years*

Simon/~Flibster

Man of Honour
OP
SoliD said:
haha sod fiat, lancia baby! damn you flibster any news on it? i miss your motors posts!

You're the only one tbh...

The Stratos is coming together slowly - monocoque has been stripped and crack tested - as have the 2 spaceframes.

Little bit of work on the rear one to do but other than that it looks good. Should start the bolting together again this summer.

SC04 said:
The best Formula 1 sim is a Two stroke racing kart, youll get one for a grand.
20,000 RPM vibrating through your body shouldnt be missed by anyone into racing, theres a good reason why the top F1 drivers use them to keep fit and sharp off season, PC race sims are like playing a Gameboy in comparison, with my point being even £100 for a wheel is too expensive.

Karting??
Only reason a lot of drivers do karting is that they own their own kart tracks.
It doesn't keep you fit - they spend hours working out for that.

Plus - going karting won't teach me the Monaco layout or Spa short circuit - which is what I want it for.

Anyway - just sold my old wheel and pedals on a forum - worked out that it's in reality almost 10 years old... :eek: - still got £350 for them. :D

Can't wait now....may have to go and bug my mate for a trackday on one of his cars....

Simon/~Flibster

Back
Top Bottom