A question for the wise elders...

Soldato
I was watching a podcast recently based on mens rights and the female host asked a question to the 3 guys at the table.

So the situation is there was a couple who had a daughter who died at 3 years old. The guy was grieving and helped pay for the funeral.

Then soon after the woman let slip that the girl wasn't his daughter, so he recorded himself smashing up the grave site including the headstone.

The question is, was he justified to do that?

My answer is no. But was surprised that all 3 men on the panel were justifying it.

My opinion is in life things happen and sometimes you have to take the hit, learn, and move on.

He has justified anger towards the mother, especially when she had him paying for the funeral. But whether the girl was his or not he did a good thing. The girl didn't trick him.

In my view his reaction, and the reaction of the guys on the panel justifying the action is a clear example of toxic masculinity. Overly negatively emotional to the detriment to himself and others.

Am I right to take this position or is that the male position these days?

Man of Honour
As above horrible situation regardless but smashing up the grave site doesn't accomplish anything while kind of understandable shows a lot of character improvement is needed.

Branding it as toxic masculinity in isolation though is very wrong, as it is presented it is just an upset person who probably can't deal with all the emotions they are experiencing.

Last edited:
Associate
Of course he wasn't justified and why are you watching stuff like this when you have the forum to keep you occupied?

Back
Top Bottom