An amusing murder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Originally posted by JodieG
Can't say I agree, lots of people pretend they are ill when they aren't. I don't think he was failed by the doctors. He should have been put in a prison and got life not a nice cozy mental hospital only to be released after a few years.

its hard to say, but from what that article was going on about it sounded like he was fully insane.

stuff like spitting at the ceiling and then ranting on. tearing around on all fours, throwing him self off the roof, hearing voices etc etc.

Associate
I was talking before he killed his wife, when he and others were let down.

As for his sentence, he was insane before and on the day he killed his wife, and the sentence reflects this, the insane law is there to protect people like this, the mental health care have a duty to prevent these people from mixing in society, for the safety of the sufferers and the safety others.

Soldato
But it's hard to prove sometimes if someone really is insane or not, only the jury of ordinary people thought he was which doesn't actually mean he was. Seeing as he was put in a mental hospital then he shouldn't have been released ever because he is a killer. Why let him out on the asumption that he will probably be ok as long as he takes his pills? Not good enough I don't think. Once you've killed someone you should lose all rights to live in society. Most mentally ill people don't kill people. It said all along that he was never happy with his wife or his kids so mabe it was all an elaborate plot, who knows. Wasn't it after he was shown a copy of the bible that he started acting more weird and hearing voices etc? There is a lot of that in the bible so maybe he just copied what he read.

Bod

Bod

Soldato
Fan-blinkin-tastic read sah.

Longest thing Ive ever read on the net, and thats the truth!

Once I'd got past the boredom of the first page, I was hooked and couldnt stop reading.

Good egg old bean, good egg.

Soldato
OP
I feel that if it weren't for the idiots around him he'd have led a normal life and would never have killed. Had he left the Amish religion which he intended to do in the first place no such thing would ever have happened. His "friend", for example, didn't stop him because he saw the devil standing beside him. Obviously nuts to a certain extent.

As horrific as this killing was he wasn't a serial killer. His killing was not planned as serial killers do. Serial killers are not insane, but this man clearly was. It was a one off job that would never have happened had he not been a member of the restrictive Amish community, who failed to see his predicament and insisted that molasses and a foot rub would cure him. A 66 yr old "doctor" dressed in a large stetson and wearing cowboy boots is obviously a few shillings short of a pound, to say nothing of those who consider him to be a "healer".

The killing also draws an interesting parallell with the psychological profile of Jack the Ripper, who murdered women along the same lines. "The Juwes [Jews] will not be blamed for nothing" smacks of religion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom