Android tablet for kids with case, no Fire Kids!!

Soldato
Hi,

I'm at my wits end with my son's Amazon fire tablet and decided I'm done with the whole Amazon tablet for kids setup and going to start phasing them out of my house, I will pass it on to my younger son for now. It is hilariously bad and the most basic tasks are frustrating. Can't even install YouTube on the piece of ****

I want a bare bones Android tablet with decent performance (something his fire has so don't want it slower) that I can access the play store and use family link to manage

It needs to have a decent case available because he'll drop it at some point.

Any advice please? Budget under £100 inc case if possible but could go higher for something decent

Thanks

Soldato
OP
I'm using Google Family Link with Samsung Tab A9+ for both my kids and I find the combination absolutely brilliant, both in terms of hardware and the ability to control what they do with the software. £150 in the usual place if you can stretch to that, otherwise the normal A9 is £100 but smaller.

P.S. I also had Amazon Fire for a while and I agree, they are ****.

Hi, I can't see these for £150 unless it states "non UK version" is that what you have?

I take it you sign into the tablet on first setup with their Google account?

Does YouTube sign into the app with their own Google account and works with the family link specific settings?

Is there Anything else your kids use it for that can be set with family link, maybe in Chrome such as age restricted browsing etc?

Sorry for all the questions I just want to make sure family link will do everything I hope after tearing my hair out with the Amazon stuff

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Just edited above post with screenshots of family link on my phone

That's great thanks for that, I think I'm going to look at getting him the A9+ and use it with family link and pass his fire 10 to his younger brother

He's hospital bound at the moment and the fire 10 just causes unnecessary stress trying to do simple things to alleviate boredom so really need something thats easier to manage

Back
Top Bottom