Anyone managed to insure their headset?

Associate
Sadly, my multi gadget insurance doesn't have VR headsets on the list... so can't add it to my policy. :(

Renting at the moment and so don't have any home owners...

Options? Hopefully nothing will happen to it but I'll be gutted..

Soldato
Where do you get your cover from at the moment?

I am renting and have contents insurance which includes accidental damage for £12 a month (2nd year £5 reduction)

It covers my whole rig and peripherals, projector and so on. I had the problem where projector wasn't in the drop down list but I was able to add it as an "other" item.

Soldato
You're renting so you have no insurance at all?
That's a really bad idea. Landlord's insurance will only cover his stuff, and even then if you damage it he will try to take it out of your deposit before hitting his insurance.

You should always have your own insurance even when renting.

Associate
Where do you get your cover from at the moment?

I am renting and have contents insurance which includes accidental damage for £12 a month (2nd year £5 reduction

Maybe I'm misremembering. I think I'm with legal and general as they were the cheapest all round.

But either way, I agree that if you have expensive items or not and renting, get it all insured.

Associate
OP
I have gadget insurance, it covers all the things that are actually important/precious to me, but it won't allow me to add on a VR headset.

I'll look into contents insurance though, thanks.

Soldato
Maybe I'm misremembering. I think I'm with legal and general as they were the cheapest all round.

But either way, I agree that if you have expensive items or not and renting, get it all insured.

I am with legal and general at the moment :)

I have gadget insurance, it covers all the things that are actually important/precious to me, but it won't allow me to add on a VR headset.

I'll look into contents insurance though, thanks.

It is probably too new to be included. Can you not ring them instead of doing it online? Or was that a result of a phonecall?

Most places should have an other category

Associate
OP
I am with legal and general at the moment :)

It is probably too new to be included. Can you not ring them instead of doing it online? Or was that a result of a phonecall?

Most places should have an other category

I rang them up specifically to ask about it, the woman went off to check and said no unfortunately. :(

Back
Top Bottom