Anyone transferred an O2 eSIM to a new device?

Soldato
I'm moving from my iPhone 13 to 15. On O2 via eSIM.

There's not a proper guide anywhere that I can find from 'official' O2 sources.. but a few community threads of which one is this; https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discu...023-method/m-p/1646717/highlight/true#M127391

I seem to have that option in My O2 app. Has anyone done that method, has it worked? And presumably, do I need to do that on my new phone? IE transfer everything to new phone and login to My O2 on the new phone then try the above? :confused:

TIA

Mobster
Soldato
Yes it works. As you see it in the O2 app you'll be on 360.

Just follow the instructions in the app but in summary, yes download the My O2 app on the new phone, login and add the eSIM.

There's a transfer eSIM option in iOS settings which should do this for you but I am not sure if the backend is up and running yet so best to just use the O2 app.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
There's a transfer eSIM option in iOS settings which should do this for you but I am not sure if the backend is up and running yet so best to just use the O2 app.
Funnily enough I just switched on the new phone and did Quick Start. And in doing so it has transferred across the eSIM automatically. Sweet! So no need for any O2 faff.

Although annoyingly I was hitting 'next' too quickly and restored my only iCloud backup from 2022 (I dont use it). Trying to decide if I will screw things up more by trying to backup my old phone again, and restoring a newer backup? :confused: Or just use as-is and download any apps etc. that are missing on the new phone.

Mobster
Soldato
Funnily enough I just switched on the new phone and did Quick Start. And in doing so it has transferred across the eSIM automatically. Sweet! So no need for any O2 faff.

Although annoyingly I was hitting 'next' too quickly and restored my only iCloud backup from 2022 (I dont use it). Trying to decide if I will screw things up more by trying to backup my old phone again, and restoring a newer backup? :confused: Or just use as-is and download any apps etc. that are missing on the new phone.

You’ll have to restore the new phone to factory settings.

Alternatively back the old phone up to iTunes and restore the backup onto the new phone that way.

Back
Top Bottom