Anyone using Wegovy?

Soldato
Hey,

NOT A MEDICAL THREAD... heh.

I've started on Wegovy last week on Thursday. (0.25mg)
Starting weight 100.2KG..
Target 85KG.
1KG lost already as of this morning weigh.

I've noticed a lack of appetite and a complete "meh" approach to all the foods I liked to eat / drink. Very odd.

No side effects.

Anyone else on here using Wegovy? What has been your experience?

Soldato
OP
Out of curiosity is this prescribed or just over-the-counter? If the latter what is the cost?
Prescribed by Boots Online Doctor (Private GP basically). Basically anyone with a BMI over 30 can get it.
£200 per month. I'm doing it as a way to try and super accelerate weight loss to try and stop the need to use a CPAP machine and be cleared of my Sleep Apnea diagnosis.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
There's more to them both than weight loss, but yes weight loss is just thermal dynamics. Anyone who says their on a diet but can't lose weight is just eating more than they're burning. Simple.
I tend to find that people cannot stand the feeling of being hungry.

Soldato
OP
Source? That sounds like total nonsense to me. If we assume 67 million Brits in total, and exclude c17 million kids, that leaves 50 million. c25% of Brits are obese. You're therefore prescribing to 6.25 million people if you limit it to half. Wegovy costs £3,500 per year (as a patient, rather than wholesale). That's £21.9bn per year. NHS England alone spends £155bn a year. That doesn't account for any savings made as a result of reduction in weight related co-morbidities.

I know this isn't Speaker's Corner but you can't just make stuff up.
Privately Wegovy is £2400 per year. I expect the NHS would get it at half that cost.

Soldato
OP
So to answer your question...
I started on Saturday. Concerned that the higher doses seem to be more expensive than the starting dose... w
Some side effects - I got the diarrhoea, and now feel a little "bloated" as though I can feel that the food is now moving slower through my system.
Appetite definitely decreased - I haven't felt hungry nearly as much in the last couple of days and I've also shrunk my portion sizes. No idea whether it's placebo or real, but either way works!
Looking at Boots, it seems to be the same price each month no matter the dose?

I took my second dose last wed. I had my first bout of Vomiting and Liquid stools last night.
However, I had an absolutely massive meal for dinner... I've not eaten that much in 2 weeks. Clearly my body was not pleased....

Soldato
OP
I don't touch sugar or sugar by any other name. At times I fast for 2 days even 3, I only drink milk, water.and coffee. At times I consume 6 packs of crisps ready salted then I may not touch them for weeks.
I do not t really eat bread, If I do, I make sure it has min Ingredients. I don't by hovis etc for the amount of crap they put in.

I don't touch pork I only eat chicken, yes at times I buy a children's meal from MC D's.
I eat lentils, cannelloni and chickpeas with carrots, potatoes ,onion in a tomato stew.
I don't fry. I eat lots of fermented yoghurt.
At times I eat junk at times I eat super healthy.

I have a good lean body shape. Stay away from these drugs and learn to shrink your stomach naturally.
Milk is full of sugar

Soldato
OP
A week in now (dose day saturday). Question for you - do you find your appetite returning towards the end of the week, and then dropping off again after your next dose? I ate more yesterday than I have since I started.
100%. I was 2 days late with this weeks dose. I've been so hungry!

Soldato
OP
Update:
My 4th week this week.
Since Friday night, I've caught norovirus. Originally I thought it was the Wegovy and my new blood pressure medication. However both my sons started throwing up too.

I'm still pretty much bed ridden now, getting up to poop and puke.

However, Friday morning I was 96.7kg.
I am now 92.1kg... so silver lining I guess. I've basically not eaten for three days. I have the Wegovy to thank for not needing to eat I think.

7.1kg till I'm at 85kg and my ideal weight.

Poppy weekend, but good weight loss haha

Next week I start on 0.5mg doses. And it cost me £179 for the next months doses.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I've just kicked off today, will see how things go.

I'm under medical advice to heavily restrict my exercise, and have really struggled to maintain my weight since that happened, so hopefully this will help get things moving and get me back to a starting point that I can manage in the long-term.

How are you doing @Diagro?
I had to stop.
Was hospitalised with suspected panciatitis. I lost 7kg in weight over 8 days due to the illness. Had to have 2.5L IV as I was so dehydrated that my BP dipped to approx 80/50 at one point. I had no idea where I was and what was going on.
I've regained half of that weight though.

They told me never to use it again. So I've not.

Back
Top Bottom