Anyone with an Asus X670, don't update BIOS to new 2142 version!!!

Associate
Just posting here to warn any fellow Asus X670-E users, I have the TUF Gaming X670-e board and thought I'd do a BIOS update as i hadn't done one for at least 6 months, big mistake.
The latest BIOS 2142 is completely broken, was getting BSOD's and boot loops galore, crashing in games etc.
Reverted back to 1812 and it's completely fine again, lesson learned. Makes you wonder if anyone at ASUS actually test these things.

Just thought I'd give you guys a heads up

Associate
Just posting here to warn any fellow Asus X670-E users, I have the TUF Gaming X670-e board and thought I'd do a BIOS update as i hadn't done one for at least 6 months, big mistake.
The latest BIOS 2142 is completely broken, was getting BSOD's and boot loops galore, crashing in games etc.
Reverted back to 1812 and it's completely fine again, lesson learned. Makes you wonder if anyone at ASUS actually test these things.

Is that a typo ?

I only see BIOS 2412 as the latest and BIOS 2214 prior to that. (either is a fit for the typo :) )

I'm on BIOS 2214 and thats been solid. Still has the suspend and resume bug though.

Associate
OP
Is that a typo ?

I only see BIOS 2412 as the latest and BIOS 2214 prior to that. (either is a fit for the typo :) )

I'm on BIOS 2214 and thats been solid. Still has the suspend and resume bug though.
Yeah it's definitely 2412, I'm on a TUF X670-E board. Release date for the BIOS was 30/01/24

Soldato
The only issue I have with the latest bios on my Gene is with the +boost clock setting and curve optimizer, I can only live with 1 or the other, The +boost setting in the AMD overclocking menu isnt working, so I set everything up in the ASUS extreme tweaker menu, but CO doesn't work in the extreme tweaker menu, and if I so much as enable anything in the AMD overclocking>PBO menu, I loose the +boost clocks.

Unfortunately for AM5 we are still Guinee pigs.

HJtQmIQ.jpeg

EMAmHsP.jpeg

Associate
OP
You might want to edit your original post then.
But cheers for the heads up, I was going to try it, just to see if the suspend/resume bug had been sorted
The latest BIOS 2412 is completely broken, was getting BSOD's and boot loops galore, crashing in games etc.

Associate
OP
The only issue I have with the latest bios on my Gene is with the +boost clock setting and curve optimizer, I can only live with 1 or the other, The +boost setting in the AMD overclocking menu isnt working, so I set everything up in the ASUS extreme tweaker menu, but CO doesn't work in the extreme tweaker menu, and if I so much as enable anything in the AMD overclocking>PBO menu, I loose the +boost clocks.

Unfortunately for AM5 we are still Guinee pigs.

HJtQmIQ.jpeg

EMAmHsP.jpeg
Yeah I guess that's the price we pay for early adoption lol, to be fair haven't had too many issues, apart from when I tried to run 4 sticks of DDR5, That was a big no no.
Up until the 2412 BIOS I've been pretty stable all the way really

Soldato
Yeah I guess that's the price we pay for early adoption lol, to be fair haven't had too many issues, apart from when I tried to run 4 sticks of DDR5, That was a big no no.
Up until the 2412 BIOS I've been pretty stable all the way really
No me neither to be fair, just as above, but a bit of tweaking and figuring out what was happening sorted it, the X3D chip is running perfect now, Frequency cores in Windows, X3D cores in games, and ive not had to touch anything for that to work, its just doing it itself, just seems like the Tweaker menu and the AMD overclocking menu are conflicting with each other.

I not so sure its all manufacturers faults though, I think AMD are rushing new chips out which require AGESA updates, and they are not checking them properly first, they are breaking something else along the way, if you Google around, all manufacturers are having the same problems.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
No me neither to be fair, just as above, but a bit of tweaking and figuring out what was happening sorted it, the X3D chip is running perfect now, Frequency cores in Windows, X3D cores in games, and ive not had to touch anything for that to work, its just doing it itself, just seems like the Tweaker menu and the AMD overclocking menu are conflicting with each other.

I not so sure its all manufacturers faults though, I think AMD are rushing new chips out which require AGESA updates, and they are not checking them properly first, they are breaking something else along the way, if you Google around, all manufacturers are having the same problems.
Yeah I went early and got a 7950x at launch, probably should have waited for the 3d chips really but it's been great tbh, does everything I need it to.
I heard there were a few bugs with the v cache etc at launch, glad to hear they've ironed them out now though

Associate
Does nobody suffer from memory read performance loss after a suspend or resume ?

DDR5 6000 with buildzoid tweaked timings on a fresh boot gives me ~87GB/s(AIDA), put the machine to sleep and after it wakes, read speeds are down to 74GB/s (~15%).
doesnt do it after an hibernation wake up or reboot, just sleep/wake.
Been like this since June last year when I got the board.

Last edited:
Associate
New Bios 1904 on an Asus x67e-a gaming wifi has also given me issues.

Running A 7800x3d with 4 sticks of 16 gb Corsair Dominator Titanium 6000 CL30.

On the last bios I was able to run all 4 sticks @5200 on expo 1 completely stable for months.

After the update I cant post above 4400 and still getting weird lock ups/BSOD and boot issues.. Not tried to even game on it yet.

Im not very techy, so no idea about manual timings ect... so will prob roll back the bios to previous version :/ Only upgraded hoping to increase the ram speed.

Soldato
New Bios 1904 on an Asus x67e-a gaming wifi has also given me issues.

Running A 7800x3d with 4 sticks of 16 gb Corsair Dominator Titanium 6000 CL30.

On the last bios I was able to run all 4 sticks @5200 on expo 1 completely stable for months.

After the update I cant post above 4400 and still getting weird lock ups/BSOD and boot issues.. Not tried to even game on it yet.

Im not very techy, so no idea about manual timings ect... so will prob roll back the bios to previous version :/ Only upgraded hoping to increase the ram speed.

You can a try loading defaults first then set expo1 after, also let it run memory test on power on/startup, disable fast boot in BIOS from boot section and see if that helps, you can also try disabling expo1 and just set memory to 6000 from memory section, I'm not sure if there is any difference from setting memory in expo1 or from memory section to 6000.

Last edited:
Associate
You can a try loading defaults first they set expo1 after, also let it run memory test on power on/startup, disable fast boot in BIOS from boot section and see if that helps, you can also try disabling expo1 and just set memory to 6000 from memory section, I'm not sure if there is any difference from setting memory in expo1 or from memory section to 6000.
Thanks... i'll try thay when I get home, worth a try before I roll back.

Associate
Bought a strix x670e-f recently and came with 1904. No issues. Running 2x16 Corsair DDR5 6000mhz CAS30 at Expo 1 settings. Not overclocking 7800X3D though and using PBO Enhancement 2 at 80C. Only issue was when using integrated graphics when I installed the AMD drivers, I had to unplug hdmi cable and plug it back in, plus turn LG C2 off and on for my screen to come up. Using Windows native drivers no issue.

Back
Top Bottom