Approved used Mazda NOT

Man of Honour
So the missus and my daughter decided they both like the Mazda CX-3, I went to a local Mazda dealer to look at an approved used 19 plate, a quick glance it looks lovely 19k miles 1 owner etc £16500 I thought was a bit steep but all car are ludicrously priced nowadays.

Anyway OMG what a state there was overspray of blue paint all over the rear black wheel arch shoddy paint over the window rubbers where you can clearly see it was masked up by Stevie Wonder, the front bumper shut lines were terrible and a massive scratch in the front plastic wheel arch.

I said to the salesman I thought this was meant to be an "approved used" car look at the state of it! he said every 5 year old car has had paint and if we'd of fixed it you'd of never known so just buy it mechanically it's sound, I replied I've got 3 cars all over 5 years old and none have paint! he came up with so much waffle it really did pee me off so yeah the moral of the story don't buy an "Approved Used Mazda" especially from Perry's in Canterbury!

/rant over :cry:

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
A couple years back I drove half way across the country to see a approved used Alfa described as excellent bodywork. I could see 10m away without my long distance glasses on that it had been in a crash and not repairs. Fracture stresses in the paint and a chunk of the lower lip missing. Citreon's had rear fish tanks in the rear lights and broken electronics inside.

The poor quality of general run of the mill cars resulted in me going for a performance car that will only be owned by enthusiasts. People don't take care of their everyday cars now.

yeah i'm the same with my car i can't drive a car that's slow all my cars i buy (for me) are usually mint but yes owned by people that love the car rather than it being a tool for A to B

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom