Aqua Computer ULTITUBE D5 200 PRO RGB Pump / Reservoir Combo

Soldato
They're ******* awesome.
I have the 150 myself - It's basically a mini Aquaero.

What are you specifically looking from in a pump/res, or by what would you define 'good'?

Associate
OP
the

Aqua Computer ULTITUBE D5 200 PRO RGB Pump / Reservoir Combo but ive read a few threads on the net saying the pumps dont work as well some say they fail like most others as well but since you have one have you had any problems as i need a bigish one as i have the phanteks elite case which is big and not only that i like the look of them ive had ek they just look plain and simple i know they work ok want to try something new​

Last edited:
Soldato
the

Aqua Computer ULTITUBE D5 200 PRO RGB Pump / Reservoir Combo but ive read a few threads on the net saying the pumps dont work as well some say they fail like most others as well but since you have one have you had any problems as i need a bigish one as i have the phanteks elite case which is big and not only that i like the look of them ive had ek they just look plain and simple i know they work ok want to try something new​

All pumps have a failure rate of some kind.
Forums will be full of people with problems, a good percentage of which will be their own stupidity.

Mine has been absolutely fine and I've had it since it came out in April 2020. Not the slightest hiccup.

Soldato
They're ******* awesome.
I have the 150 myself - It's basically a mini Aquaero.

What are you specifically looking from in a pump/res, or by what would you define 'good'?

I've just got the 150 for my new build and it'll be mounted to a MO-RA3 radiator taken from a decommissioned build. That previous built used an Aquaero 6 for control but I don't want to use that in this new build due to lack of space in the SFF case.

As you say the D5 of the Utilitube is like a mini Aquaero and my original plan was just to let it run autonomously with a local small PSU powering it, controlling the pump and fan speeds based on how large the delta is between temperature in and temperature out.

However, I'm wondering if I could run a USB cable from the Utilitube to the motherboard just to report pump and fan speeds and temperatures? Or would some other Aquacomputer device (such as the Aquaero) be required to get this data from the Aquabus?

Soldato
^That's how I do it.
Values can be reported in HWInfo, Aquasuite itself, or anything similar.

Thanks for the clarification.

Having looked through the manual for the D5 Next I see it only has one temperature sensor which is obvious when I think about it as the temperature of the coolant isn't going to change at all between in and out of the Utilitube, doh!

I think I got confused with my previous setup where I had a sensor fitted at both the in and out of the radiator. With the new build and using the D5 Next only, there can be no fan speed control based on that delta, just on the coolant temperature of the Utilitube. Unless I decide to use my Aquaero after all.

Soldato
Thanks for the clarification.

Having looked through the manual for the D5 Next I see it only has one temperature sensor which is obvious when I think about it as the temperature of the coolant isn't going to change at all between in and out of the Utilitube, doh!

I think I got confused with my previous setup where I had a sensor fitted at both the in and out of the radiator. With the new build and using the D5 Next only, there can be no fan speed control based on that delta, just on the coolant temperature of the Utilitube. Unless I decide to use my Aquaero after all.
You can use the D5 connected via USB to read any other sensor. So you could run a ¼" fitting temp probe from your Mobo 2-pin header to a Rad port and measure the delta that way... or a standard probe and measure ambient temp delta... or any other compatible sensor, such as a flow monitor or a waterblock (mine has one) with temp sensor.
I might also argue that temperature variance between components is not that useful, as the temperatures should pretty much equalise throughout the loop, with only a couple of degrees difference at most between points.

Soldato
You can use the D5 connected via USB to read any other sensor. So you could run a ¼" fitting temp probe from your Mobo 2-pin header to a Rad port and measure the delta that way... or a standard probe and measure ambient temp delta... or any other compatible sensor, such as a flow monitor or a waterblock (mine has one) with temp sensor.

The MO-RA3 and the Utilitube/D5 will be positioned about a metre or more away from the actual computer case that it's connected to so it's either a USB connection or none. My ITX motherboard (MSI MPG Z790I Edge) has no temperature probe headers so if I wanted coolant in and out I'd need to use the Aquaero.

The manual for the D5 Next is a bit scant on details, but what precisely shows up in AIDA64 or HWInfo for the D5 Next? I'm pretty sure it's pump speed, fan speed and coolant temperature; my googling of the subject brings up a mixed bag of information.

I might also argue that temperature variance between components is not that useful, as the temperatures should pretty much equalise throughout the loop, with only a couple of degrees difference at most between points.

I'm certainly not going to argue with you on that subject ;)! This is my fourth watercooled build, having built both parallel and serial loops so I'm aware of the almost equilibrium that's achieved regarding the loop's coolant temperature. My past requirement for coolant in and coolant out temperatures was purely for monitoring the cooling effectiveness of the MO-RA3 radiator and to ramp up or down it's fans according to the delta. If I don't use this method of controlling the MO-RA's fans this time, I'll have to decide and test what other attribute to use to control it's fans instead. The other option is to just keep the fans at a steady state that's a happy medium of temperatures and fan noise.

Soldato
The manual for the D5 Next is a bit scant on details, but what precisely shows up in AIDA64 or HWInfo for the D5 Next? I'm pretty sure it's pump speed, fan speed and coolant temperature; my googling of the subject brings up a mixed bag of information.
IIRC - Water temp, Software temp, Fan voltage, pump voltage, +5V, +12V, pump RPM, pump power (watts), and flow in LPH.
I think you can enable others, like fan speed, but my own PC is in pieces right now so it'll be a few days before I can check to confirm.

The Aquaero would work for temps, but have you any other Aquacomputer device with a temp header - Farbwerks, Octo/Quadro, flow sensor....?

Back
Top Bottom