Associate
Who in the name of <whatever imaginary friend you choose to believe in> is saying that? Zen has been on a downward slope for years, staff are literally being informed by customers about policy changes at this point, that's not a situation that should ever exist.
If you read the reviews on ispreview by people that actually have Zen that's when it got really bad. It may have been bad prior to CityFibre assimilation but that was when there became not much difference between Zen and a more mainstream ISP.

Soldato
Who in the name of <whatever imaginary friend you choose to believe in> is saying that? Zen has been on a downward slope for years, staff are literally being informed by customers about policy changes at this point, that's not a situation that should ever exist.

I accept that Zen may not be what they were but they’re still miles better than BT, EE or Vodafone. I had a truly disastrous installation experience with Kelly Comms until real Openreach engineers got involved and Zen looked after me. So I’m prepared to cut them quite a bit of slack, but I think Aquiss could be good too.

Soldato
If you read the reviews on ispreview by people that actually have Zen that's when it got really bad. It may have been bad prior to CityFibre assimilation but that was when there became not much difference between Zen and a more mainstream ISP.
Just because they started to offer CF connections doesn’t explain why the company can email users and notify them of policy changes, announce the sale of its IP ranges on YT and somehow not tell frontline staff till customers contact them.

I accept that Zen may not be what they were but they’re still miles better than BT, EE or Vodafone. I had a truly disastrous installation experience with Kelly Comms until real Openreach engineers got involved and Zen looked after me. So I’m prepared to cut them quite a bit of slack, but I think Aquiss could be good too.
I don't doubt Zen generally offers a better than average service ala BT/Vodafone/TT etc. but 200K customers is tiny, my current ISP is smaller and adds over 300 activations a day at this stage. The customer base tend to be quite loyal, but have seen price promises reneged on, static IP’s changed so they can be sold off - Richards YT video is cringeworthy - and now charged for, and seemingly seen a reduction in the skill set of technical support along with a network that doesn't seem as impressive as it once did. They aren’t failing as such, but things are certainly not improving or even being sustained. It feels like things are being changed in an effort to save money, and when that becomes obvious, it generally doesn't end well, especially if you are selling your product as a premium offering to a semi-technical user base, those people will look for a better option if they have to change anyway.

Back
Top Bottom