ASUS ROG Zephyrus G15 screen warp issues?

Associate
Hi All,

The display has warped on my G15, when I close the screen to the keyboard there is a gap of 0.8mm at the front.

Anyone else experienced this on the G15 or G14?

Can't type for toffee
Don
Not sure if its the same across their ranges but I have a ASUS Tuf Gaming FX504

There's nothing TUFF about it at all, the hinges are flappy as **** and the screen bezel on mine has now cracked because of this.
Build quality seems a common theme across Asus Laptops

Tried contacting support a few times, ignored and now outside of warranty.
Tried contacting them via an employee, again no contact from support.

From what I've seen even on their high end laptops the warranty is only 1yr.

I wont be getting another Asus laptop that's for sure

Associate
Just bought G15 Advantage Edition and it suffers from awful backlight bleed due to the bezels being super thin.
Thin bezels do look nice but if it is at the cost of screen uniformity then no thank you.
I'm returning is as It's not something I will accept in a £1700 laptop.
It's a shame as I really like it otherwise.

Associate
I have a Zephyrus M16, and it has a huge gap of 1.6 mm on the right side when the screen is closed. 0.7mm on the left. The top edge is mostly flush, but lifted 0.4mm on the right corner. Sigh.
At the store I bought from, the display model had a huge gap on the top edge when closed (3mm+), which tapered down at the left and right corners.

My unsolicited opinion is that Asus chose a poor magnesium alloy for the chassis and/or did not properly thermally treat the material in the manufacturing process.
Whatever the case, I will be modifying my lid so that only a cm of the original lid remains (the part with the hinges), cold-welded to a solid aluminum lid from a Dell XPS 15 9500 (which happens to have just the right width, while being a little shorter in length than the M16 lid). That is, after I sacrifice my big toe to the roman goddess Fortuna in hopes she will prevent my LCD from being utterly destroyed as I foolishly try to pry it off the factory lid.

Back
Top Bottom