Asus TUF GT501 Case - 420mm Radiator in Top?

Associate
As the subject title really, I'm wondering if anyone has managed to fit a 420mm radiator in the top of the Asus TUF GT501 case?

Offical specs say 280 or 360 is the max.

When I had my 280mm radiator and fans out yesterday I measured it and the hexagon cutouts in the top go up to about 400mm so assuming it was mounted the actual surface area would be covered only 10mm on either side, which some additional holes could be drilled to allow for that.
The actual size of the radiator would be about 460/470mm but I think it would fit, but I don't really want to buy a the radiator to then find it don't fit.

Anyone done this before?

Associate
OP
As no ones replied, I expect no ones done it.
I'll make a template out of wood to see if it fits, if it looks ok, then i'll take the gamble and buy the radiator.

Associate
As no ones replied, I expect no ones done it.
I'll make a template out of wood to see if it fits, if it looks ok, then i'll take the gamble and buy the radiator.
I have a regular 360mm AIO at 30mm thickness in the top and my concern with putting in a 60mm thick rad in the top is the CPU power cables. I am wondering if you’ve done your mock up and the results of that test

Back
Top Bottom