Atrocious service

Associate
Reading through the posts in this thread only reinforces my point of how terrible Overclockers have become.

Their Covid-19 Status is green, but my order has yet to be shipped, I had to call to get my confirmation email? (despite no delays in payment - Finance was immediately approved, deposit came out fine too) and I spent around 2-3 hours on hold. On top if the wait time, like others I ended up being cut off as soon as it reached 17:00? I work in a call centre and we work until there are no calls left waiting, to what SLA's do you abide? I'm sure they don't lack capital so hire more staff?!

SCAN seem to operate fine? My friend got his order next day and managed to get through to their customer service team fine. Almost everyone I know who has previously ordered through you has said your service is abysmal nowadays. I would call to put in a complaint but I really wouldn't be surprised if I was either cut off or on hold for another 2-3 hours total.

I am thankful I cancelled my 3080 pre-order through them since the 'Good relationship with Manufacturers' has really helped distribute the surplus of stock they lack. Taking FAR too many pre-orders, overpromising and repeatedly underproviding.

I will be encouraging all of my friends and colleagues to avoid using OcUK services at all costs, until at least some improvement is provided. It's a joke.

All of this considering there's a pandemic and more orders than usual - but there should be change in service or at least a public notice regarding delayed services.

Associate
Indeed. Very slow - waiting for my order to be sent out as well.

I fully understand that current situation is bad and issues with supplies crop up, far higher volume of orders than normal - I understand it! However, OCUK seems doing a terrible job at communicating:
- Put notice on the main page and order page about current average delivery rate. Don't sugar coat it - be honest. Currently seems at least a week!
- Look through your orders, get customer emails whose orders are pending and send out daily status information about how long until their order is likely to be processed.
- Make absolutely sure that stock inventory is correctly and automatically allocated to each order. Very silly buying "in stock item", paying for it, then several days after no communication find out that, actually item is no longer for sale ...

Communication is the key, through communication you manage customers expectation. Surely it is more important to long term business than quick momentary profit ... Personally I'll think twice in the future about ordering from OCUK again...

All 3 of my suggestions can be automated and any junior web developer worth their salt can implement these in a day max!

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't buy as much PC stuff as I used to but just before Christmas I purchased a WD NVMe. It took some time to dispatch and it was the last piece of my build but I appreciated it was a busy period. I posted on here and within the hour is was dispatched. I couldn't fault OcUK.

Associate
OP
I've now come to learn the item that supposedly 'In stock', is neither in their warehouse nor in the country? They blagged on the phone and I imagine they're treating your product the same Albeva!

I completely agree, my main point of anger is having to call and wait on hold for a basic response, all they need to do is implement a web notice as you say, and it most definitely will cause them reduced calls im sure. Seems like this has all stemmed from their GPU situation, backtracking from there.

Sad to hear your order is still awaiting arrival! Beerbaron, glad to hear your service was okay, personally I would say use them as a last resort at this point as if other distributors can supply hardware/peripherals faster with no change in cost, it's not worth the hassle of going through all this crap!

Thanks both!

ket

ket

Associate
I haven't ordered anything from OCUK but I will chime in that if you go on pc-part-picker (spaces because the forum censors that, really?), browse GPUs for instance OCUK for literally any GPU they stock is listed as "in stock" on pc-part-picker but click the link to go to the store page and you are greeted with "this product is available soon!". Misleading to say the least and smells of OCUK fishing for pre-order money.

Associate
I haven't ordered anything from OCUK but I will chime in that if you go on **-****-****** (spaces because the forum censors that, really?), browse GPUs for instance OCUK for literally any GPU they stock is listed as "in stock" on **-****-****** but click the link to go to the store page and you are greeted with "this product is available soon!". Misleading to say the least and smells of OCUK fishing for pre-order money.

Or that like pretty much every company out there they have no control over what information 3rd parties display on their sites?

Also there is a very good reason why the site you mentioned is censored, I'd try reading the forum rules, particularly the one regarding competitors and their mention on the forums, that would go for the OP as well

ket

ket

Associate
I don't see how they are a competitor as they don't sell anything just list currently available products, and also all other stock levels seem to be accurate as far as I see only OCUKs aren't. Could be an isolated incident or oversight something like that but either way needs rectifying just pointing out what I noticed is all.

Soldato
I don't see how they are a competitor as they don't sell anything just list currently available products, and also all other stock levels seem to be accurate as far as I see only OCUKs aren't. Could be an isolated incident or oversight something like that but either way needs rectifying just pointing out what I noticed is all.
Don't worry, some people won't hear a bag thing said about their beloved OCUK.
My last 3 orders of pc hardware have been from other places all arrived next day.

ket

ket

Associate
Don't worry, some people won't hear a bag thing said about their beloved OCUK.
My last 3 orders of pc hardware have been from other places all arrived next day.

Same. The last time I ordered from OCUK I must have been about 19 (I'm now 36... damn I'm getting old :p ) was for a Socket 939 Athlon 3500+, took it out the box and it had a broken pin. OCUK were not willing to do anything to help even way back then I had to contact AMD about it.

Back
Top Bottom