AW3423DWF or AW2725DF

Associate
Hey guys,

I’m nearly at the finish line in my decision but I need a final nudge.

I was close to ordering the AW2725DF when I saw that I could pick up the AW3423DWF for under £700.

What are your thoughts?

Associate
Upgraded panel, more than double the frame rates? On the 27" so better everything except it isn't an ultrawide. And not that much more expensive.

Depends what you want more.

Man of Honour
27" 1440p monitor for nearly £800 (even if OLED) just seems a bit steep when you could have greater immersion in games and get the 34" DWF,. It is also unlikely you will see a single GPU on the market now or in the next few years pulling close to 360fps (357 actually since you'll be in Gsync) in modern games unless all you play is online fps and need every fps but don't want the screen tear that comes with running higher fps above the refresh rate etc, so will you actually be benefitting from the higher refresh rate?

Stick to the DWF especially given its current price.

Last edited:
Soldato
It depends what you want really, the AW2725DF is more of an esports panel if you ask me, it's very expensive for a 1440P 16:9 that you wont likely be able to really take advantage of for long enough that something else will have come along to make it look old by then. The AW3423DWF is a better alrounder I think and if you are used to 16:9 will offer you a view you may never have seen before, not just a higher resolution but a different experience, weather or not you think it's 'better' is a matter of opinion of course, I do.

These monitors are not really in competition, they shouldn't both be on your short list, they are different displays aimed at people with different sets of requirements, one is 21:9 and one is 16:9 and deciding the aspect ratio like that, should be the first thing you do and then narrow down from there, so figure that out to narrow the field for yourself. For me, it doesn't matter how good the latest generation of OLED's are, they are not 21:9 so not in consideration for me as I find 21:9 makes more of a different to me than anything else they can offer beyond what I have.

Back
Top Bottom