Barclays wont increase my overdraft?

Soldato
I thought if you wanted to increase your student overdraft limit you could just ring up and do it?

I rang up and asked them to put it from £500 to £1500. They said no im not aloud it becuase I already have £850 in the bank and wont need it :confused:

btw im wanting the overdraft as im wanting to go on holiday and want to buy a new car (this would help take the sting out of it abit more and help a lot)

Anyone had this problem and got a way around it?

Soldato
OP
Well im currently on a student placement so have some money coming in. After afew months ill easily be able to get back in to the +...its just getting the overdraft in the first place...

Soldato
OP
Sure my over-draft is £500 and I can get it made to £1500, don't really pay attention to my bank letters :/

But if you go to barcalys I'm sure they will let you increase it

Thats what i tried first, went into my local branch but they said they have to apply for it...Hadnt heard anything in a while so rang up and they said that my overdraft increase wasnt accepted because i have too much money...

Soldato
OP
Have you tried internet banking, my overdraft is currently £3500 and it was all pre-approved by Barclys on the internet banking site. I've since put it back down, but they have put it back up again.

ps. I don't use the overdraft facility, but it's nice to know it's there.

Ye but I dont see an option in my account to increase it anywhere...

Where abouts is it usually located?

Back
Top Bottom