Battlefield 6 - Thread

Associate
Little bit of 'old man shouts at cloud' vibes in the thread. BF3 and 4 were both really good games, Bad Company 2 was fantastic.

I didn't enjoy the setting of WW1 for BF1 but there's no denying how insanely immersive that game felt.

Man of Honour
To be fair I'd probably buy BF2 all over again if they simply released the same game but with some of the clunkier stuff refined, updated visuals and crucially fixed the "netcode" but everything else was the same.

Any Battlefield after BF4 totally lost me, some of the changes just changed it from a BF game even if/when the game itself might not be a bad one.

Soldato
Little bit of 'old man shouts at cloud' vibes in the thread. BF3 and 4 were both really good games, Bad Company 2 was fantastic.

I didn't enjoy the setting of WW1 for BF1 but there's no denying how insanely immersive that game felt.

I’m and old man and I’ll shout at clouds if I want to! Clouds were better back in the day as well! :p

I’m sure BF2 only has so many good memories due to being a teenage and having all the time in the world to play games and no stress of being an adult

Soldato
I’m and old man and I’ll shout at clouds if I want to! Clouds were better back in the day as well! :p

I’m sure BF2 only has so many good memories due to being a teenage and having all the time in the world to play games and no stress of being an adult
I was 42 when it came out and still clocked up 2200 hours of online play .

64 player infantry only Karkand and Sharqi maps has been the pinnacle of online gaming for me.

Last edited:
Associate
I always loved Dragon Valley - such a huge map. You could lose yourself up in the hills and not see another player for ages - then rocket a passing jeep from the bushes.

Also great taking one of the helis and flying low through the stream/valleys and finally down under the bridge at the top of the map.

They dont make em like that anymore etc etc.....

Last edited:
Caporegime
I always loved Dragon Valley - such a huge map. You could lose yourself up in the hills and not see another player for ages - then rocket a passing jeep from the bushes.

Also great taking one of the helis and flying low through the stream/valleys and finally down under the bridge at the top of the map.

They dont make me like that anymore etc etc.....
For some reason the BF2 maps just seemed way more balanced than modern maps in more recent games.

Soldato
I was 42 when it came out and still clocked up 2200 hours of online play .

64 player infantry only Karkand and Sharqi maps has been the pinnacle of online gaming for me.

Wow you’re old! :p

I was 13 I think and think I put 3k + hours into it! Straight home and school and online till 3am every night, then LAN parties with either my friends or dads friends too!

I think at one point we has two full squads in a server at the same time, the best memory was Mashtuur City.

We’d have a Blackhawk and I’d fly high and let the assault team parachute out, they’d clear the cap point and secure, wait for the second squad to arrive, I’d swoop down and pick up my squad and rinse and repeat! :D

Infantry only was great, but I think they changed the last radius of grenades or something which turned it into a grenade spam fest! That first alleyway in Karkand, defending that as MEC while 32 US Marines just Hammer you with bases was crazy!

Last edited:
Soldato
Wow you’re old! :p

I was 13 I think and think I put 3k + hours into it! Straight home and school and online till 3am every night, then LAN parties with either my friends or dads friends too!

I think at one point we has two full squads in a server at the same time, the best memory was Mashtuur City.

We’d have a Blackhawk and I’d fly high and let the assault team parachute out, they’d clear the cap point and secure, wait for the second squad to arrive, I’d swoop down and pick up my squad and rinse and repeat! :D

Infantry only was great, but I think they changed the last radius of grenades or something which turned it into a grenade spam fest! That first alleyway in Karkand, defending that as MEC while 32 US Marines just Hammer you with bases was crazy!
Back in tbe day I was a server administrator for 50Klicks, im sure you played on our servers.

Associate
I was there when the wake island demo released and kept playing everything Battlefield all the way up to that heap of junk BF4 launch. Those days are long gone and will never return for this franchise.

Associate
Back in tbe day I was a server administrator for 50Klicks, im sure you played on our servers.
I remember the servers well played on them from time to time.

One of the best times for me was the Beer Drinkers server ran by someone off here, on Bad Company 2. Blasting everyone out the sky with Carl Gustav - The salty tears :D O I miss those days.

Soldato
I clocked so many hours on BF4. I toyed with BF3 right as BF4 launched and went head first into it, amazing decision. I wasn't as taken with BF1, the change in pace and weaponry pushed me off a bit but the gameplay and firefights were enjoyable. Lost completey after that.

I find myself thinking "why can't they just make a BF4.5".

I'll keep an eye on this as I'd love to get back into it but it does feel like this has had it's time.

Soldato
Im old enough to have been there at the start.. we played BF1942 in the office on the LAN, as there was no Broadband in our town.. BF2 and the modding community was awesome. and that to me was the BF peak. we had broadband, relatively decent graphics cards and decent 64 player team based play, and the more serious players could use Project Reality Mod. which is still just about going as a standalone game today. BF3 was good but no VOIP, BF4 was the last decent game, then it nosed dived. with just pretty visuals and not much else. I tried 2042 on steam when it came out, and managed to get steam to refund it with about 8 hours gameplay. i tried it again a few months later on gamepass and it was still crap. The only multiplayer game i play at the moment which gives similar experience is Hell Let Loose. and i would recommend anyone who likes Bf2 to BF4 to try that.

Back
Top Bottom