Best restaurants + takeaways in York?

Associate
I'll be living in York for the next three years (and hopefully more) due to university so it'd be nice to know which restaurants and takeaways are the best, as there seems to be a great many of them.

In particular:

Italian and Indian restaurants
Pizza delivery
Indian delivery
Pub meals
Chippy's.

I'll probably be using the takeaways the most (being a dirty filthy student n all) but knowing which restaurants are good is nice to know anyway :cool:

Thanks in advance :)

Associate
OP
Half the students are back already , been the chrales this lunchtime. All the usual drinks/food offers are on.

Burger and a pint 3.99! Can§t vouch for the food mind!

They might be the York St John students, term for me (Uni of York) starts on the 10th so expect swarms around then :p

Associate
OP
I shall have to try the Seahorse hotel Gribs; the new YUSU bar called 'The Lounge' charges a bomb considering it's supposed to be student-run!

Ta :D

Associate
OP
St johns is miles away , they drink at key stones ;)

But no seriously Charles is the cheapest pub near york uni if your staying on campus.

Yorks a good city with a very good bus service into the city centre. If your in charles on a lunchtime you'll no doubt see me :D

Yeah I'm staying on campus so no doubt I'll be in there :D

I love York already and I've only spent a couple of hours exploring it. It's certainly different to Stoke that's for sure :p I'll definitely dedicate some time in freshers week to exploring it a little more! I'm quite the history buff as well (studying Archaeology in fact) so York's history fascinates me.

Back
Top Bottom