Best route from Essex to Hampshire over Easter Weekend

Soldato
it is still an algorithm and will get things wrong all the time.
All the time?! Yes, occasionally an accident happens that it couldn't have predicted, but otherwise, I find it ridiculously accurate 95% of the time. Like, a 3-hour journey and it predicts my arrival time within a couple of minutes...
Id rather have 5 minutes extra journey time being predominately on motorways than chopping and changing between A and B roads which ends up with the same end time anyway due to traffic.
I guess you can use the 'alternate routes' button and have a look where else it suggests and how much longer it takes.

Soldato
Google might tell you the quickest but not always the best. Id rather have 5 minutes extra journey time being predominately on motorways than chopping and changing between A and B roads which ends up with the same end time anyway due to traffic.

He said Essex so going M25 then M3 is literally two roads and the M3 takes you directly to Winchester pretty much.

I do wish Google maps would have an option to ignore re-routing unless it was saving you significant time (i.e. at least 15+ minutes).

Nothing worse than it telling you to get off at the next junction just to save 2 minutes when in reality it's probably actually slower.

Back
Top Bottom