Best 'value' SSD?

Associate
I want a SSD simply to slap Windows on and some small software I use a lot. 60GB should be fine as I wouldent mind cleaning away the old / useless files from it and I have a 1TB HDD for storage.

However, my question is - what SSD is considered the best? I have been looking at Corsair ones but I'm not sure as Crucial is another well known brand. Maybe the OCZ Agility would be nice too?

Thanks in advance :)

Associate
OP
M4 128GB only £90 ish now.

Sadly I can't afford that, I can only just squeeze a 60GB in and I'm sure it would be enough for my needs.

As far as SSDs go I don't fancy a Sandisk and rather go for a more popular choice.

I am leaning towards the M4 Cruical and almost all its reviews on the net says it's pretty nice. Any thoughts on the OCZ though? It's a little cheaper but I wouldent mind investing a bit more into the M4 if its going to give more reliabilty.

Associate
OP
Thanks all. I think I will go with the Cruical M4 as it's clearly the popular choice here.

As for the space, 60GB is fine. I'm only going to put Windows on it, anti virus and a web browser there. Maybe photoshop to. I'm not that much of a gamer so I will just put them on my 1TB drive.

Thanks again for all the suggestions.

Associate
OP
Get the M4, then when you've saved a bit more add another and raid then. More space, more speed and the only downside is the hassle of setting it up, imaging your drive etc...at currrent prices it'd be datf not to jump in.

Indeed. I am going to grab myself the M4 on Monday :)

Associate
OP
I couldn't live with 60GB. I had a 128GB M4 but I was forever space managing and it was doing my head in, this is with hibernate disabled and no swap file. Whenever a new game came out, I'd have to figure which one to take off. I've got a 256GB one in there now, so much better and I'm still tempted to go for a 512GB one when prices come down further (fingers crossed!).

Not sure how it can be so messy:p I currently have my 1TB HDD partitioned so C drive is 80GB while the D is the rest. My C drive is barely ever full. Games do take a lot of space now though. My Wow folder is 22GB :O

Back
Top Bottom