Best way to fix a broken screen (Moto G)

Associate
OP
Trouble is the digitizer is bonded to the actual screen assembly itself, it's very hard to remove, best option is a replacemen unfortunately :( sucks falling over sorry to hear that!

Thanks, I feared that might be the case. I don't really have the expertise to replace it myself (or at least be confident enough not to make it worse).

Will ask around a few phone repair companies but it looks like I might just have to live with it, can't afford to replace the phone after only buying it last month!

Luckily I'm ok, just a grazed knee, sadly the phone took the brunt of the impact! :(

Associate
OP
For such a cheap phone, I'd just buy another and sell the broken one. people pay silly money for broken phones.

There are two on ebay for £12 or so with 2 days left, so not really enough to enable me to buy a new phone.

I'm tempted to buy one and try and replace the screen myself but can't find any guides online and no idea how hard it would be to do?

Associate
OP
It's just a matter of a few screws then removing the ribbon cable/s connecting to the mainboard.

Is it that simple even with the built in battery etc? I've not seen any teardown videos online that go as far as to show the screen etc.

I'm also worried that I could buy a broken phone off ebay and find that the screen doesn't work or I can't fit it/break it and then I've wasted my money.

Think I'll wait to get a few quotes back and if not just leave it with a broken screen for a few months until I can afford to replace it.

Back
Top Bottom