Best way to transfer money with a Natwest account?

Soldato
Hi,

A friend i'm travelling with needs to send me some money to my account, the problem is he's with Natwest and they never told him he needed a card reader to make money transfers.. For some reason their online banking is terrible and this appears to be the only way. It's can't even be done over the phone.

Are there any options anyone can think of?

-WesternUnion charge silly fees and it wouldn't go straight to my account anyway.
-Paypal, silly fees.
-Getting the cash out using a debit card wouldn't get it into my halifax account, i'd have to but it in my Oz bank and wire it across so would probably incur fees and currency fluctuations.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Soldato
OP
Robbie, the card reader info wasn't mentioned to him when he was speaking to someone in branch before he came to Oz. I suppose it's not very fair of me to tar all of natwest based on that. It seems a bit of a hassle compared to say Halifax that doesn't have any restrictions or constraints for money transfers.

Paypal is set up now, the limit is 1k anyway which is fine. Does the sender incur fees when sending a gift so the recipient doesn't or are there no fees at all?

Back
Top Bottom