Bluetooth PCIe Issue

Associate
Hi,

This is my very first PC (so bare with me!) which I bought from Overclockers. I didn't realise that the pre-built model I chose didn't come with WiFi or Bluetooth as standard. I rang them and was told that any PCIe card would work with the PC and was recommended a TP-Link card.

I bought the AXE5400 (Archer TXE72E) from Amazon as Overclockers only had it on pre-order. I've installed the card and downloaded the latest drivers for WiFi and Bluetooth and while the WiFi seems to be working perfectly, the Bluetooth isn't showing up at all. I've double checked the connection from the back of the card to the motherboard and they all seem to be sat nice and snug.

Has anyone got any ideas what I can try next or have I just wasted my money and bought the wrong card?

Any help or advice would be massively appreciated!

Man of Honour
Hi and welcome.

I believe there is a cable that comes with the card for the Bluetooth that plugs into a usb header on the motherboard .

Have you done this ?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Hi and welcome.

I believe there is a cable that comes with the card for the Bluetooth that plugs into a usb header on the motherboard .

Have you done this ?
Hi, thanks for the reply!

Yes I've plugged that cable in from the pci card to the usb on the motherboard which should connect the bluetooth but nothing is showing in the devices menu. The latest drivers are all installed so really not sure what I could try next.

Man of Honour
Hi, thanks for the reply!

Yes I've plugged that cable in from the pci card to the usb on the motherboard which should connect the bluetooth but nothing is showing in the devices menu. The latest drivers are all installed so really not sure what I could try next.
Below is some trouble shooting but check hidden devices in device manager in case is under a usb device.

Soldato
It might not show up as a seperate device. It's not just turned off by default is it?
Have you gone into settings > devices or connections (I forget what it's called) and turned Bluetooth on?

Associate
OP
Yeah I’ve tried everything I can think of but anything relating to Bluetooth isn’t even showing up. Nothing anywhere. I’m just assuming that the card isn’t compatible with the motherboard…even though the guy at Overclockers told me any PCI WiFi and BT card will work. I’ve kind of given up.

Associate
Yeah I’ve tried everything I can think of but anything relating to Bluetooth isn’t even showing up. Nothing anywhere. I’m just assuming that the card isn’t compatible with the motherboard…even though the guy at Overclockers told me any PCI WiFi and BT card will work. I’ve kind of given up.
Any wifi/BT PCIe card only sends the Wi-Fi part down the PCIe line where the BT is connected via USB so as long as you've connected the provided cable to a USB header on your motherboard it should work and if it doesn't, then there's a problem with either the card or the cable.

There should be NO issues relating to compatibility at all on any motherboard.

Back
Top Bottom