BMW and M Power Owners

Man of Honour
I've had a look at the XM in showrooms and it's a nice car. I don't think it looks bad IRL and the interior is lovely. It was a top spec one nudging £190k though...

I saw them going on business lease deals the other week for something like £550/month which is very cheap for such an expensive car.

Caporegime
I've had a look at the XM in showrooms and it's a nice car. I don't think it looks bad IRL and the interior is lovely. It was a top spec one nudging £190k though...

I saw them going on business lease deals the other week for something like £550/month which is very cheap for such an expensive car.

Seems they cant give them away atm. Its very tempting. Think i will go drive one this weekend.

Caporegime
I'm not surprised. It's a car no one asked for, it has questionable looks, and it carries an insane price tag.
Sounds like it would be perfect for the Middle East. Except it's a BMW and just not posh enough compared to even a DBX and especially against a Cullinan or Urus. Even a G-Wagen has a better image in Bahrain or Abu Dhabi.

Associate
It's working now. It's showing as £42.99 per month over 3 years (£1547.64 total) and would include an oil service (~£250) the spark plug service (currently ~£1000). Although it thinks I have an E90. :confused: But on those numbers it's not worth it.

I had issues when quoting for and taking out a service plan when I got mine last year, I didn't add the service plan before collecting as it was over £2.5k (£2.8k now, but can't recall if it was that price last year). Using that page I got the same quote as you (it also said it was a different car than it is), due to this I contacted the dealership I ordered through and they confirmed the price, and also confirmed it also included the running in service (which did bring the total under the individual costs), and it does include some other seasonal health checks with free fluid topups (I always decline the wash when offered!) so it seemed worthwhile for me to take it out.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I had issues when quoting for and taking out a service plan when I got mine last year, I didn't add the service plan before collecting as it was over £2.5k (£2.8k now, but can't recall if it was that price last year). Using that page I got the same quote as you (it also said it was a different car than it is), due to this I contacted the dealership I ordered through and they confirmed the price, and also confirmed it also included the running in service (which did bring the total under the individual costs), and it does include some other seasonal health checks with free fluid topups (I always decline the wash when offered!) so it seemed worthwhile for me to take it out.
Thing is, my car had the RIS done, in 2018, some 38000 miles ago! Something isn't right with the system.

Associate
Thing is, my car had the RIS done, in 2018, some 38000 miles ago! Something isn't right with the system.

Very true, but since it appeared to save me money and the dealer confirmed it I went with it :) had it not included that service (and the fact you don't need it) I wouldn't have taken it out.

Added: It should also be quoting you £35.99 a month without the RIS according to the initial price list.

Last edited:
Soldato
Hey All!

I managed to kerb my 530D 20" dimaond cut alloy yesterday parking to go to a dental app (I felt sick :() I took it to a local place that quoted £120 + vat to refurbish

Does that sound fair? I also contacted a mobile refurb comapny to see

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Mobile companies will send the wheel away. Can’t remember what I was quoted for the Tiguan but it was less. My wheels were also less (666M) but the garage paid for them.

Caporegime
Hey All!

I managed to kerb my 530D 20" dimaond cut alloy yesterday parking to go to a dental app (I felt sick :() I took it to a local place that quoted £120 + vat to refurbish

not the cheapest. The company round here does it for £100+ vat per wheel but its not excessive either

Soldato
Hey All!

It's gonna happen again. I'd leave it and do it after a few more kerbs.

Man of Honour
Hey All!

leave it alone. don't refurb it. you'll invariably kerb it again at some point in the future
you can only diamond cut refurb a couple of times before the rim's structural integrity is lost and then you have to get a new set of
back in the day before i got my alloys powder coated, i just varnished over the kerbed area so it doesn't get corroded
(or do what i did and just get a powder coat lol)

Associate
Due to a potential write off of my current car I am starting to investigate potential new cars. I wasn't planning to change the car for a few years so I pretty much out of the loop. Current car is a 65 Reg 2.0 Petrol Skoda Superb Estate. Has been a great car but looks like it might have had its time. Although the size has been very useful at times I feel I could drop down a little and have found myself looking at 3 Series BMW Estates. My budget will be around 25k.

What are some essentials I should be looking for and what should I be avoiding.

Am happy to look the 5 series (or suggestions of other brands entirely) if for some reason this would be the better choice.

Sorry if this is a little vague as up until yesterday evening I was not even considering a new car.

Cheers

Soldato
5 series is a better car but the G20 is a really nice cabin also.

Personally, 25k will get you into a nice 330i, which will be cheaper than a 5 series on warranty.

I’d go M Sport at least. M sport plus pack will offer adaptive dampers - it’s a very smooth ride. Recognisable by the “adaptive” button on the driving mode console.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom